waist training anyone??

Options
Is waist training helpful while on healthy eating diet and exersice??

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No :|
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    jazmin8a wrote: »
    Is waist training helpful while on healthy eating diet and exersice??
    Helpful for what goal?

• xlaura85x
    xlaura85x Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Waist workouts are!
    Like hip rolls, to a whole song and waist exercises x
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Waist training won't probably won't have the effects you're hoping for. You can 'train' your waist to fit a smaller corset over time, but it won't really show if you don't have the corset on. I know Kim Kardashian or someone has a corset/diet program, but the corset only simulates a smaller waist. It wont give you one permanently. Waist training also comes with some hazards, so it's important to do research and go about things carefully if you decide to do it.

Your best bet for a smaller looking waist is dieting to shed excess weight on your waist, and toning your midsection. It sounds like you might be planning to do that already though :)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • jazmin8a
    jazmin8a Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To lose weight ?im already doing cardio 6x week and strength training 3x a week just was wondering about that but thanks everyone for the advise
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    after i had my first baby, i wore a very tight girdle and it helped tremendously with getting my uterus back into it's original size. but it did nothing for my weight loss. i did it again after each pregnancy, but like i said, it won't help with weight loss or even with losing inches. i simply found it helpful for internal stuff.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    *I admit I stole this from the last waist training thread but it's so awesome:

bilhcf5qm3ik.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Laughsss

OP no it won't help
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

OMG - that is the most terrifying thing I have seen today. And here I was thinking the OP was just talking about doing planks or something.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

bilhcf5qm3ik.gif

ewww
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG - that is the most terrifying thing I have seen today. And here I was thinking the OP was just talking about doing planks or something.

That's what I thought she was talking about to! :( Or like... exercises to shape your waist! Not wearing a *kitten* corset.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

bilhcf5qm3ik.gif

what in the world - what? guts squished
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    OP is asking about wearing tight corsets to become thinner by squishing all of her insides into different spots.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "waist training," but if you're talking about ab exercises in conjunction with an overall fitness program then it would be helpful. On the other hand, if you're trying to target your weight loss to one specific area, the consensus seems to be that this will not be as effective as you hope. Our bodies, it seems, will burn fat from wherever they damn well please.

Personally, I work in ab exercises with my normal weight training program, three times per week.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    No, they do the opposite.

Most people are upright at least a few hours during the day. During that time, the abdominal muscles are engaged to keep you upright. When using a waist trainer (or TLSO), the core muscles don't have to work as hard and can atrophy.
  • jazmin8a
    jazmin8a Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No, they do the opposite.

Most people are upright at least a few hours during the day. During that time, the abdominal muscles are engaged to keep you upright. When using a waist trainer (or TLSO), the core muscles don't have to work as hard and can atrophy.

Thank you very much
  • MzPunkin10
    MzPunkin10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this forum very helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions for effective waist exercises? Thanks in advance
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    MzPunkin10 wrote: »
    I found this forum very helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions for effective waist exercises? Thanks in advance

Yes. A magician. Won't go into detail.