REPOST: New June Challenge - Virtual Walk Across the USA

Options
HI!

Can you believe we are nearing the end of May?! With that being said, I want to announce a new challenge that will begin on May 30th called A Virtual Walk Coast to Coast Across the USA. This challenge has been created to give the participants not only focus on their individual health goals but to add a little fun as well.

There are four aspects to this challenge: personal focus/weight loss objectives, daily targets (things you want to focus on everyday), your weigh-ins and/or measurements, and finally, your training and miles.

Everyday a log in thread will appear in the MFP forum where you will log in the miles that you walked, jogged, ran, cycled, etc. Then we will combine the miles and plot them on a Google map to see if we can cross the United States starting at New York and finishing in San Francisco.

If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please respond to this thread saying you want to participate and then go to the following link to print/download the planner and instructions on how to use the planner: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkO9YqLvS00XdDIxN1JtVTdaSlpoTXctX09iUF9IT0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CKHTsdsI

Please note, the only information that will be published will be the mileage that you gain everytime you work out.

This challenge will promote focus on your weight loss and asking/giving support when needed.

So, do you want to see if we can walk/jog/run/cycle across America in 4 weeks?

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! Off now to download.....

Sue :smile: x
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This sounds so fun! I am totally in. :happy:
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • Dani724
    Dani724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a blast ! I'm in!!
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • nemalady
    nemalady Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, yes.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    ♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you have issues downloading, please email ketty1176@gmail.com for assistance.

Thank you!!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'll download the form now.
  • imaprncs
    Options
    do we enter our info right onto the spreadsheet from the link or do we download the sheet and enter our info that way? How does the info all get added into one sheet?
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice spreadsheet. You must work in IT. :-)
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    do we enter our info right onto the spreadsheet from the link or do we download the sheet and enter our info that way? How does the info all get added into one sheet?

Download the sheet and enter your info that way. LeeKetty1176 created the sheet and I believe he used formulas but not sure. You can email him at ketty1176@gmail.com for any questions about the sheet.

Thanks for joining this challenge.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Wow! Nice spreadsheet. You must work in IT. :-)

I wish I could take credit for the sheet but it's all from the genious mind of Leeketty1176. Any questions about it, fee free to emal him at ketty1176@gmail.com.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Fantastic fun idea! I'll join!
  • imaprncs
    Options
    Ok thanks, how does everyones info all get put togaether? Do we have to send in something once a week or soemthing?
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    OR you can PM lkmmom or fesse with you email addresses as well and we'll get the spread sheet out to you too!!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Ok thanks, how does everyones info all get put togaether? Do we have to send in something once a week or soemthing?
    There will be a daily link posted where you will record your miles so that one of us can add it to the map!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options

Everyday I will post a thread asking for everyone's mileage. So for example, on May 31st, I will post a thread asking for everyone's mileage from May 30th and you just reply with what your sheet tells you. Then Leeketty1176 will take everyone's combined mileage and plot it on the map.
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Sounds fun. I'd like to join.
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the questions @imaprncs, I was wondering the same thing. Violette & Fesse thanks for clarifying.