Exercise while travelling

Options
I am a traveller. I have been on a working holiday visa in Australia for 1 and a half years. I am soon going to New Zealand to do the same thing. Due to the nature of travelling I cant join a gym and I dont have much excess money to 'pay as you go.'
I have limited access to tv and internet so workout dvds are difficult to do.
I get in a fair bit of walking (averaging 12,000 steps a day according to my iphone).
I'd love to do some more resistance/strength training but am struggling as to how to get this in in my circumstances. Does anyone have any tips/advice? Any other travellers out there?

Replies

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises. Check out Convict Conditioning or Complete Calisthenics.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    +1 body weight
    Add running
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    +1 bodyweight
    Check out Nerd Fitness. The author did a year and a half of traveling and only bodyweight training.
    Also, you could check out trx, they are portable and you just need a (hotel) door to attach one too.
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Its hostels for me so i'll get some funny looks but its all part of the experience hey :-)
  • rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe try getting some resistance bands? There are multiple exercises that you can use them for. Get a couple with varying resistance and you can use them for hundreds of exercises and can be doubled up etc to increase resistance for specific exercises. They are very small and don't weigh much at all.
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Maybe try getting some resistance bands? There are multiple exercises that you can use them for. Get a couple with varying resistance and you can use them for hundreds of exercises and can be doubled up etc to increase resistance for specific exercises. They are very small and don't weigh much at all.

Sounds perfect! Thanks :-)

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Can you use DVD's? Most of them you can use handweights or resistance bands if you can't take weights with you... Running, local exercise classes?