missed one day in my 50 something streak

Options
I am so frustrated!! Had a busy busy day Saturday with out-of-town guests and totally forgot to log in my food. When I thought of it on Sunday, it was too late :( Now I am back to square one and only on a 2 day logging streak. I really liked seeing how many day I have been on this journey. Even though I haven't gained weight I feel like I am at square one :neutral:

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can manually go back and reset your streak if that helps you stay motivated. I know it can be interesting to see how long you've been using this program.
    I think the directions are under FAQ on tech support.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this happened to me and I was bummed, I was at 90 days, but I will just keep up and try to remember to log at least some of my food and catch it up the next day if I need to. I didn't know about the reset.
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks! I will get a reset because I technically did still log in, just the next day ;)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    The first time this happened to me I was at 500+ days, and it happened because I had traveled to a time zone west of my home zone, leaving before breakfast and going right out for sight-seeing when I landed. By the time I was settled into my hotel room to log, it was past midnight in my home zone, and my 500+ day streak was gone, even though from my point of view I was still logging that same day.

I asked them to reset it, and they did, but it got me thinking that it was kind of silly to care what the counter said -- I knew I had logged every day for nearly 17 months, regardless of what the counter said. So the next time it happened I just shrugged. Plus, I'm not sure if they'll even provide that service anymore if you're not a premium customer, since all technical assistance seems to be limited to premium customers.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, I squee just a little as I see my streak continue to increase.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Wait, so the streaks aren't necessarily streaks? Wow.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    While the consecutive log-in days is nice, if I had my druthers I druther watch the number of pounds lost increase.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Makes you wonder how many people have had theirs reset.

I lost my first 6 month streak due to the internet being out. We'd changed over to fiber-op, but the internet phone monkeys didn't actually change over the account until 4 days later. I lost about a year streak because of a hurricane (no power, no internet). Do I want my whole time on MFP shown when I log in? Hells yeah. I didn't know you could get TPTB to "fix" it until a couple months ago.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the point of resetting streaks. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a streak? It should say "total days on MFP," but I assumed the streak system was supposed to encourage people to log on daily.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how many people have had theirs reset.

Right!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the point of resetting streaks. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a streak? It should say "total days on MFP," but I assumed the streak system was supposed to encourage people to log on daily.

In over 1600 days I reset mine once...due to an MFP glitch.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I was well into the 700s twice and reset mine. Once was a glitch, the other intentional. If it's forever, the "streak" doesn't really matter.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options

Since you get "credit" and your streak continues just for logging on, (i.e., just for showing up) and not for actually logging your food, I don't really see the point of the streak system at all anymore.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm weird because i'll intentionally go a few days once in a while and not log in at all just to tell myself that i don't need to log my food if i don't want to. it's usually on a vacation or a weekend getaway where i might not be able to weigh and measure my food anyway.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I had a great streak going once, to log in at... 12:01am to log my food... D< I had JUST got home!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Since you get "credit" and your streak continues just for logging on, (i.e., just for showing up) and not for actually logging your food, I don't really see the point of the streak system at all anymore.

Agreed. Except when someone's streak directly correlates with their consistency and results.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »

Agreed. Except when someone's streak directly correlates with their consistency and results.
    I can see that, to be honest. I don't log my food on here anymore [write it irl]... While the system is nice, it aggravates me occasionally [editing of how MUCH instead of deleting/readding would be nice]
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Only 50 days? If you were several hundred, and had an extenuating circumstance, MFP will gladly fix that But for only 50 days, well, there are probably 14,000 people who miss 50 days.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated!! Had a busy busy day Saturday with out-of-town guests and totally forgot to log in my food. When I thought of it on Sunday, it was too late :( Now I am back to square one and only on a 2 day logging streak. I really liked seeing how many day I have been on this journey. Even though I haven't gained weight I feel like I am at square one :neutral:

Besides, it's not a journey, it's a lifestyle, so it doesn't matter how many days.