Losing weight

Options
Iv lost 8lbs in a week and half ? People are going to say this isn't healthy but I feel so much better for it! My motivation because I can see the numbers dropping on the scales has increased and my determination is sky high!!! I'm eating less than 1,500 calories a day but feel full and fuelled. Also on a 28 day detox which is doing wonders! Can anyone recommend a exercise for burning stomach fat a bit quicker! Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    -You lose a lot of water weight at first, so it's not so unhealthy. Only if that continues after this week.
    -1500 is the recommended minimum for men to ensure you're getting enough nutrients, so you should be aiming for that number (and as an 18-year-old male, probably much higher).
    -What are you detoxing that your liver and kidneys don't already?
    -You can't spot reduce.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You've lost eight pounds and have eleven to go? You're probably going to find that the eight pounds you lost in ten or eleven day is temporary. At best, you will probably stall for a while. To truly have lost eight pounds in that short of time, you would have needed a calorie deficit of about 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day. So unless your maintenance calories are at least 4,000 a day, it didn't happen. Sorry.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
    eating under 1500 calories for a male isnt cool.
    the 28 day detox is lol.
    You cant spot reduce, but I have the feeling tou are going to do as you wish becayse you are 18. No patience, no true understanding of how weight loss works, no interest in doing things in a safe sustainable way.

ps what malibu said +1.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with Malibu and Tigger.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's normal to drop water at first.
    Your body detoxes all by itself.
    Eating under 1500 calories a day for a male is silly and unsustainable, but hey you're 18, so...
    Lift weights.
  • macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't pay money for what your body already does. Detoxes, cleanses, etc. All of that is BS. Losing weight slowly is much better for your body and far more sustainable in the long haul, so I'm going go ahead and say: No.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I'm only eating 1500 and I'm sometimes miserable. and a 133 pound female. I also lost like 6-7 pounds the first week and it was for sure water weight. The word diet shouldn't mean anything fad or something you can't sustain for a lifetime. If you ever want to build muscle doing that on 1500 is IMPOSSIBLE.
  • bilsonmandela
    bilsonmandela Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You've lost eight pounds and have eleven to go? You're probably going to find that the eight pounds you lost in ten or eleven day is temporary. At best, you will probably stall for a while. To truly have lost eight pounds in that short of time, you would have needed a calorie deficit of about 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day. So unless your maintenance calories are at least 4,000 a day, it didn't happen. Sorry.

According to the scales and the inches Iv lost around my waste it did and has happened ! ??
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    No, no it hasn't happened. Not really.

Also don't buy into detox diets. Your body will detox itself.
  • theswimmingbird
    theswimmingbird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I'm only eating 1500 and I'm sometimes miserable. and a 133 pound female. I also lost like 6-7 pounds the first week and it was for sure water weight. The word diet shouldn't mean anything fad or something you can't sustain for a lifetime. If you ever want to build muscle doing that on 1500 is IMPOSSIBLE.

I'm forced to disagree. I'm a 35 year old male who has lost 153lbs in the last year. (no I did not have bariatric surgery... just diet and exercise)

I consume 1500-1700kcal/day and burn 300-500kcal/day through exercise. When combined with my resting calorie requirement of 2200kcal/day, I average a daily caloric deficit of 1000kcal.

In addition to my weight loss I have added 3 1/2 inches to my upper arm circumference and tripled my bench press failure weight.

Be sure to consult a physician before beginning any diet & exercise plan, but adding muscle on a caloric restriction diet is indeed possible.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    [quote="bilsonmandela;32984716"According to the scales and the inches Iv lost around my waste it did and has happened ! ?? [/quote]

You've lost inches around you waste? Ewww, how do you measure that?
  • bilsonmandela
    bilsonmandela Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww ? And by tape measure ...... Hahaha
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

According to the scales and the inches Iv lost around my waste it did and has happened ! ??

Probably not bloated anymore, because you've been pooping from laxative tea?
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You measured your poop?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

Probably not bloated anymore, because you've been pooping from laxative tea?

MUST be laxative tea! Otherwise, how could he measure his waste?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am not going anywhere near my waste! Once it's in the toilet, I am not going to whip out any measuring tape. Sorry. But if it's too skinny (like pencil thin), you may be experiencing some stress, just so you know.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    So the OP lost a ton of weight by taking laxative tea, and yet OP is still full of *kitten*. Oh the irony.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    OP, please learn to spell :smile:
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    So the OP lost a ton of weight by taking laxative tea, and yet OP is still full of *kitten*. Oh the irony.

+1 (million)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I lol'd.