I have an eating disorder and i want to escape it

Options
I am bulimic for the past two years. I am not overweight or underweight as well. I want to maintain my current weight right now so i do some exercise once a week like muai thai. But everytime i eat something, i always feel guilty so when i feel like i overate, i'd keep eating everything and i won't stop until i finish it then i'd purge everything as well right after. It became my daily routine now and it is getting really worse. I don't wanna get fat and struggling to lose weight because of an upcoming event. I tried to be vegan but tempted to eat meat so i purge when i eat meat as well. I always crave sweets and starve myself but ending up binging and purging. I need help. Please.

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Seek professional help
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    you do need help. professional help which we cannot provide you. I wish you the best of luck, sweetheart. :(
  • chloealaine23
    chloealaine23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone else suffering the same banana?
  • chloealaine23
    Options
    It's nit easy to get professional help. Especially when your parents doesn't take it seriously and they wont believe that it's a serious disorder
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's nit easy to get professional help. Especially when your parents doesn't take it seriously and they wont believe that it's a serious disorder

It IS easy to find professional help.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're 18. You don't need your parents to seek help. If cost is an issue, look for a clinic in your area that provides low/no cost options.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You need to talk to your counselor then.
    School counselor.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you are really 18, you are old enough to seek professional medical advice.
  • chloealaine23
    Options
    Thank you for your time reading this. Do you think i can still heal myself without professional help?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your time reading this. Do you think i can still heal myself without professional help?

No.
    You need to work with professionals.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

No. You need to seek a professional.
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

No. You NEED a professional. Wishing you the best!!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The best thing to do, if your parents are useless, is to seek some help from someone at school. If there is a psychologist, ask to see them. If there isn't, find a teacher who seems normal, reasonable and nice and tell them your problem and ask them if they could help you find someone who could help you.

If you have a friend who has a parent you know well and like, you could tell them. They could look into it.

Relatives are a today issue. I'm assuming you'll know better about your relatives and have already decided that they aren't the right course.

Church. If you go, you may already know someone there you can ask. Priests and rabbis are trained to act as counselors. Some are better than others, lol, but it's not an unfamiliar place for them, helping people with problems. That's what they do! Some churches these days have Free Medical Care day where doctors and nurses volunteer their time. I bet there is someone in your church who would volunteer to help you.

You really need at least a therapist, but would be much better off with a team - doctor, dietitian and therapist.

Until then, I don't know. Try eating more peanut butter. ;)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

No.
    Find professional help.
    it's difficult to recover from an eating disorder with a team, it'll be even harder alone.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Eating disorders KILL. It is too serious to try and wing it yourself. Even with professional help it will be a hard battle. You can overcome it!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    No, you need to get professional help as soon as possible.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It isn't easy to get professional help, but you really should. Have you told your parents the truth? If you tell them what you just wrote, I think it might be difficult for them to be in denial. If it's financially difficult, you could look around for OA meetings in your area? I tried that a couple of times but transport didn't work out for me so I can't vouch for it either way, but they were very welcoming to me as an anoretic/bulimic so I didn't feel very out of place. I understand your struggle and I hope it gets better :( good luck!
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How many years have you struggled with this?

I'm guessing if it was possible to treat without help, you'd have already done it. You are obviously aware of the destructive nature regarding your relationship with food.

Please get professional help.

Edited because I'm clearly having writing issues tonight.