30 day shred question

Options
kimark1
kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
I have read about loads of people doing this 30 day shred dvd. I am interested in it but not to do it for 30 days straight. I just want to add another workout video to my collection for different things to do. Will it be effective just doing it a couple times a week/month? Also, I have had some knee issues and wondered if the 30 day shred will make it worse? Thanks for the info.

Replies

• craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1 level 1 yesterday for the first time. It is a great workout even when doing the gym and a good 20 min option. It involves jumping jacks, squats, lunges but think you can modify for your knees. The key is to build muscles around it! Good luck.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    For maximum results you're supposed to do it everyday for 30 days. If you don't care about maximum results and are just looking for a good/different workout then, sure, do it however often you want. I did finish one month of it and now I do just 3 days a week.

As for the knees, there are a lot of lunges and squats that might bother them, but you can modify the exercises.

Good luck!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I do it about 3/4 times a week or whenever I can. I can see that im looking/feeling better. Not sure on the knees, there is alot of jumping - star jumps (jumping jacks), skipping, high knees etc. I dont find my knees or anywhere in particular ache - but not sure if it would make yours worse?

x
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have both 30 day shred and ripped in 30 and have never done either for 30 days straight...I use them to switch up my routine a bit and take a break from running to get in some circuit training. I've found them very effective even using them a couple of times a week or month.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i only do the 30 day shred on days off from the gym or when im feeling super energetic and on a mission (which isnt very often). I like it because im always sore after I do it no matter how many weights ive lifted at the gym in previous days.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I am into day 6 of the 30 day shred and I have skipped a day or two on weekends when I can't fit in it in with my schedule,,,it is still affective just not as quickly as doing it daily,,,but not enough difference to matter,,I still walk and do other exercises the days I can't fit it in..As for the knees you do jumping jacks,jump rope motions and butt kicks and ab crunches that involve alot of bending in the knees,,there is alot of jarringand jumping in the workout....You may want to ask you rdoctor before trying it.......But it is a fun and intense workout...
  • tammyr76
    Options
    I am into day 6 of the 30 day shred and I have skipped a day or two on weekends when I can't fit in it in with my schedule,,,it is still affective just not as quickly as doing it daily,,,but not enough difference to matter,,I still walk and do other exercises the days I can't fit it in..As for the knees you do jumping jacks,jump rope motions and butt kicks and ab crunches that involve alot of bending in the knees,,there is alot of jarringand jumping in the workout....You may want to ask you rdoctor before trying it.......But it is a fun and intense workout...
  • tammyr76
    Options
  • tammyr76
    Options
    sorry about the multiple post,,MFP is having glitches this morning....
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14. I have not been doing it everyday. I did work up to 5 days in a row. But I was starting to develope shin splints so Ive taken a couple of days off. I am still getting great results. It definatly makes you sore after and you would have to be in excellent shape in my opinion to do it everyday with no days of active rest.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I've done this both ways....straight and 1-2, 2-3 times a week. It is going to be affective no matter how you do it. Right now I am doing Level 1, 30 days straight along with/and/or 2-4 mile daily walks, walk/jogs, and biggest loser cardio max. knees? could be a problem, but you can modify and see if it will work. I have had knee soreness from jogging in the past, not lately tho. good luck!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great information. I may have to try it just to change up a little of what I am doing now.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i am going to do it for the first time today. Like you, i dont want to do it everyday, I need to mix it up to keep things interesting. :)