New, coming from Loseit.com

LisaD88
LisaD88 Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I joined Loseit.com in January and have lost 61lbs on my journey so far. I'm very proud and give a lot of credit to Loseit.

But I'm also getting divorced and my husband uses Loseit so I've decided to make the switch to myfitnesspal. It's a bit awkward with us both over there. Hopefully it'll be an easy transition to here. I'm not using any special diet - just eating better foods, portion control and exercise.

I'm 35, with 3 kids (8 year old twins and a 5 year old). I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years but have just gone back to work as a server. I'm also an aspiring photographer. Hopefully someday I can do that full time!

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Replies

• rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Welcome to MFP...this is a great site !!!! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Welcome Lisa!

Sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time at the moment. I have heard of loseit before from my gym manager, but I have never been there. I love it here and I hope you enjoy it here as well!

Feel free to add me if you want to.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Hey, I switched over from loseit as well! Welcome to MFP!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Welcome Lisa! I hope you have just as much success over here. I am so sorry you are having a rought patch in life. I haven't been to Loseit.com, but I love MFP! I'll send a friend request, I am a mom of 4.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Welcome! I love this site, and it has helped already! Friend request on the way!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    welcome! I've come from loseit.com too and I like this place better. feel free to add me if you want!
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Welcome!!!!! You will love this site...feel free to add me if you wish! :smile:
  • LisaD88
    LisaD88 Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for such a warm welcome!!
  • DawniesLife
    DawniesLife Posts: 157
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal. I love it here, you can find just about any food in the database already which makes logging foods a breeze, not to mention the android, iphone or blackberry app helps record on the go. People are very supportive here as well! Sorry to hear you are having a rough time in your life right now, but I think you will find your switch over to MFP pleasant and not too stressful. Congrats on your success thus far, and here's to wishing you tons more continued success! Good luck!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    hey honey! you love it here sooo much! we all have things going on in our lives and we are all here and soooooo supportive and fun! Welcome :-):flowerforyou:
  • Jess3259
    Jess3259 Posts: 2
    I am new to MFP, just started yesterday. So far the supoort community, blogs, and app are living up to expectations!! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Welcome new friends. The people here are great and the support they provide is too. I've never heard of Loseit.com but I'm pretty sure you won't want to go back there after a few days here.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    welcome aboard! Sorry for the divorce hopefully it is best for both of you.

anyway welcome to the site.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Hello, this site has some truely inspiring people on it, everyone is friendly and encouraging. I have only seen one negative comment in 2 months. Feel free to add me.

6215015.png
  • dblconmen
    dblconmen Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Lisa,

I haven't hear of loseit.com I'm going to check them out! I wish you all the best on your new beginning and continued weight lose. I'm a fashion designer who works as a technical designer for a large fashion company in New York. If you want to become a better photographer you should really network with some other like you...Go to www.modelmayhem.com and sign up and meet wardrobe stylist, designers, hair-designer, makeup artists, and photographers like yourself and build relationships and test as much as you can...Its fun! I've been on there for like 6 years now and I met some great models that I have actually hired previous companies that I have worked for...Good Luck and God Bless you! Peace.
This discussion has been closed.