Jealous or supportive???

Options
2»

Replies

• serra2009
    serra2009 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen,
    I know its not my place but here goes nothing......I think u should first come to terms with your inner self u were once that person she keeps mentioning an stop caring about what others think of u if your happy with the new you then congratulations on your journey girls will be girls not everybody knows how to express themselves.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well... I am proud of the success of my nearest and dearest and like to share!!!! No jealous just 100% happy and want the world to know!

If they don't want it spoken about, I don't speak of it. Drunk, or not. But I am sure I'd get a swift elbow or kick if I did and that would stop me in a jiffy. Sometimes drunk people forget things and speak the truth in a non-malicious way! And they can be reminded if needed and that fixes that.

If that person really won't stop and you have voiced this and brought it up and it still bugs you, find new people to drink with. Life is too short! But I just think that is not the case and she sees you as being modest about the weight and is proud. Not saying that makes it right, but a drunk person proud of her friend probably will talk about it!

Then again if it was me, I'd probably just laugh and say you should see me in a bikini to the men. BC seriously anyone jealous that wants to broadcast your success? It is a weird plan and makes zero sense to me strategically as a woman. And, if I had a cute single friend I was super proud of that was drinking with me a group of men, I would also try to hook that friend up! BC I JUST CARE :) Pushy, perhaps, but darn it some people are just fabulous and the world needs to know!

In my experience, men especially men out drinking with women are easily distracted. Change the subject, order shots, talk about sports, change bars, whatever. Ask them how to fix something on your phone, or excuse yourself to the ladies room WITH said friend. She'll probably forget all about it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stop going out with her to places where she hopes to meet men. Change what you do together. Go for a cup of coffee, lunch, for a walk, out with other women. Do not go out the two of you at bars etc, it sounds like it makes both of you uncomfortable for different reasons.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I've noticed two things in all the instances: she has drank several glasses of wine & there are men in the conversation.
    Last night while we were out she mentioned she thought a guy was attractive. Eventually we started talking and his attention was directed toward me, even though I tried to deflect it to her. That's when she started talking about my weight loss.

She's a jealous, c.o.c.k.-blocking b.i.a.t.ch.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I've noticed two things in all the instances: she has drank several glasses of wine & there are men in the conversation.
    Last night while we were out she mentioned she thought a guy was attractive. Eventually we started talking and his attention was directed toward me, even though I tried to deflect it to her. That's when she started talking about my weight loss.

She's not male chicken blocking, what's the other gender term?
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »

She's not male chicken blocking, what's the other gender term?

I know. Same idea/concept, though. :)

• NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do this with people all the time. I'm really proud of my friends and of all of their accomplishments. Most of my friends would never say a thing about how awesome they are as people or athletes so I say it for them. My friend how is a 3:15 marathoner, I always let runners know that she is damn fast. When I get introduced by some of my friends, they do the same for me. For me, it's what athletes do.