breakfasts under 200 calories- just startedmy diet

Options
Hi,
Any recommendations on Breakfasts 200 calories an under? Just trying to find a balance with breakfasts.

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are my go to breakfast. Add veggies for an omelette or fritata meal and some salsa goes a long way. Easy, filling, low in calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of food. I would say one soft boiled egg (70 cal) one slice of toast (80 cal), 150 g strawberries (50 cal.)
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Make an omelet with two eggs (the ones I get are 71 calories each), one serving of egg whites (25 calories), tear up one piece of turkey in it (20 calories) and 14g of fat free shredded cheddar (23 calories) and that's a pretty decent amount of food for like 210 calories. I can't get by on just 200 calories at breakfast though!
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    lenders plain bagel (half a bagel) = 105 and 2 tablespoons philadelphia cream cheese (70-100) depending what kind you get so about 185 all together... or 2 eggs = about 140 (depending on type of eggs) and half cup broccoli boiled, and drained= 27 so about 167 all together... or one egg= 70,slice of bread = 80 (depending)and 2 teaspoon of miricle whip = 26 so 176 all together.. those are my go to's
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would be starving again in 30 minutes. I've found that eating around 500 cals of a breakfast with around 30g protein along with a nice balance of carbs of fats keeps me satisfied for several hours.
  • Jupither
    Jupither Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oats with cinnamon and apple pieces become a LOT of food if you cook them with water. I do it in the microwave every morning and it doesnt get boring :) (but I usually add some seeds, nuts or whatever I feel like because 200kcal for breakfast just leaves me feeling irrationally hungry all day no matter how much I eat later on)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat much for breaskfast, I am usually not really hungry until much later in the day. For me it is usually just coffee and a small slice of bread with some honey or jam, or a small muffin or a couple of biscuits. Sometimes cereal with milk, or yoghurt with fruit. I am pretty sure all these are usually 200 calories or lower.
  • rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    200 calories isn't a lot of breakfast! If I'm looking to keep it low and grab something on the go then a quest protein bar at 190 keeps me full for longest or a protein shake.

200 calories of carbs like cereal or oats would leave me hungry and I'd be eating my own leg within the hour.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Porridge is my go-to. I buy ready sachets and made up with Skimmed Milk they are 190 cals. A bit high in sugar I realise however I have very little time in the morning and they do keep me going until late morning...
  • LKArgh
    Options
    200 calories isn't a lot of breakfast! If I'm looking to keep it low and grab something on the go then a quest protein bar at 190 keeps me full for longest or a protein shake.

200 calories of carbs like cereal or oats would leave me hungry and I'd be eating my own leg within the hour.

It is not easy to judge since there are no full-size photos, but it looks like you must be about double the size of OP. (Ok, exaggerating but you get the idea). I bet your overall calorie goal per day is much higher than hers too.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That is very low for a breakfast. You will feel very hungry by 11:00 am and will end up having a high calorie snack. A combination of Slim Fast, one egg and a fruit cup (80 cals) will bring you up to approximately 350 calories. But this will keep you happy till lunch.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a cup of coffee
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I drink a protein shake (130 cal) with some fruit (about 60 cal between raspberries and mango). It gives 30 grams of protein and is really filling.

I think the comments from others are insightful -- I have to steer clear of having many carbs since they cause me to a) crash and b) eat more. Pay attention to how you feel after you fuel your body with carbs or with protein. That will help you make the choices that are good for your body!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    too low for my breakfast, but the oatmeal one is good. You will need to experiement your food patterns and how you spread your calorie allowance over the day. Some people dont eat breakfast, for others its an importnat meal.
  • cleanbulk_hatersgfy
    cleanbulk_hatersgfy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat 400-500 calorie breakfast (oatmeal, berries, nuts, and egg whites veggie omelette ). My next meal is supper.
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast, but on gym days I have to. I leave the gym every morning starving. Still, I like to save my calories for later in the day so I toast a couple of slices of low cal bread - Nature's Own honey wheat at 40 cals per slice, and slather 2 tablespoons of nut butter on each for another 100 cals per slice. The protein and fat in the nut butter tides me over until lunch and it's calorie cheap at 280.

I suppose you could half it for a 140 cal breakfast to meet your goal. It makes me sad to think about one lonely slice of nut butter toast. :'(
  • ColeHoop
    ColeHoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and one medium banana. It's around 200 calories. It's delicious and if I drink it at 7:15am on the way to work I'm not hungry until 10:00am.
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i bake egg muffins - 6 whole medium eggs, 100g roasted chicken (no skin), 25g vintage cheddar cheese, and sometimes finely chopped onion. I make a batch which will do me about 4 breakfasts at 200 calories.
  • putzfam4
    putzfam4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    High fiber instant oatmeal ( I like the cinnamon or maple - brown sugar). I love the smell and it's filling and meets fiber needs. I gave never been a huge breakfast eater do this helps make it desirable as well. There us a steel cuf version of Quacker Oats as well.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    That is very low for a breakfast. You will feel very hungry by 11:00 am and will end up having a high calorie snack. A combination of Slim Fast, one egg and a fruit cup (80 cals) will bring you up to approximately 350 calories. But this will keep you happy till lunch.

Why is a bigger breakfast better than a smaller breakfast and a snack and why would she have to eat a high calorie snack? This does not make any sense to me.