Not eating breakfast :)

Options
Not eating breakfast... Does this effect your weight. I work 3pm-1am go to bed at 2am. I have pasta and a yoghurt for lunch then have some beans and a wrap for dinner and a yoghurt at about 8pm x

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has no bearing on your weight

Just overall calorie consumption
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't cause you to overeat later, it's fine
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    Not eating breakfast... Does this effect your weight. I work 3pm-1am go to bed at 2am. I have pasta and a yoghurt for lunch then have some beans and a wrap for dinner and a yoghurt at about 8pm x

No, you can eat whenever you want.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat what and when you like to fit your goals... I don't eat "breakfast" either most of the time
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    The suggestion to eat breakfast is to prevent overeating later, and if this isn't an issue for you, no worries.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you can do it and not overeat later, by all means, go for it. I know a few people who can't stomach breakfast in the morning, so I wouldn't force it if this is also an issue for you.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast made be hard on your health, but it doesn't impact your weight.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast has no impact on anything if it works for you and doesn't cause you to overeat later.

It's not hard on your health.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Meal timing has no bearing on your weight

Just overall calorie consumption

cosign
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast made be hard on your health, but it doesn't impact your weight.

oh really?

how so?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Explain this
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

not so much.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast isn't an issue for weight loss. However, since we've been fasting for 6 - 8 hours while sleeping, it's not a bad idea to refuel in the morning.

Personally, I wake up starving and get cranky if I don't eat breakfast, so I always do. Actually, I'm really in a better mood all day if I eat regularly spaced out meals.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

oh really?

how so?

I have read that going without eating for extended periods of time can cause your blood pressure to rise.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to point out that everyone technically eats breakfast. When you first eat after waking IS technically breaking your fast, your first meal of the day. Your body doesn't care what you call it.

Regarding the "health" issue, there are benefits (I'd like to know more about them and probably should since I practice this... bad Peachy!) to intermittent fasting, which is having a longer period of time between your last meal of one day and your first meal of the next. I'm going to look into those and get back to that since someone had to drop a comment in this thread and make it all silly.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

oh really?

how so?

I have read that going without eating for extended periods of time can cause your blood pressure to rise.

Do you have a source for this?
  • red_90
    red_90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've read lots of studies recently to say that longer periods of fasting are good for you. It's easy to read things and get confused (lots of money to be made in this market if you have a strong opinion and something to sell). I think you just have to go with what works for you.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast all the time and it didn't impact my weight loss. The only thing that does is calories in vs. calories out. Timing is irrelevant. I only eat breakfast now because apparently I can't handle coffee without food anymore.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast, other than coffee.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What makes your blood pressure rise more though, can you put them in order?

not eating breakfast
    idiots
    sodium
    pregnancy
    lazy people expecting you to fix all their problems for them
    children being insufferably childish
    parents sticking their nose in
    being overweight
    fatuous comments
    husbands saying they'll do something and not doing it for weeks