What do you eat for breakfast??

Options

Replies

• amyaronson
    amyaronson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats! Just a half a cup of rolled oats, a half a cup of almond milk, and maybe some fruit and cinnamon.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Either two eggs over medium, an egg and egg white scramble with veggies, or, on workout days, protein pancakes.
    vm9s5zdxpve2.jpg
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast. I just have a bowl of cheerios everyday. With almond milk.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lately, it's been one slice of SaraLee 45 calorie multigrain bread toasted, about 20g mashed avocado seasoned with lemon, salt and chipotle chili powder, then put one over medium egg on top, splash on some Cholula and eat. I used to have two eggs no matter what, but this has kept my appetite down in the mornings so I am not snacking by 9am.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    today was a smoothie - peanut butter, golden flaxseed, banana, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract, and milk. it was like dessert.

Other than that - eggs & bacon on weekends and fage/greek yogurt during the week generally!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    8c45d96cab2a426bb072bb0169553313.png
  • TACKHANSEN
    TACKHANSEN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Help I am trying to lose weight and breakfast is my hardest. I need some simple ideas on something fast and on the go for work.
    Thanks
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Either two eggs over medium, an egg and egg white scramble with veggies, or, on workout days, protein pancakes.
    vm9s5zdxpve2.jpg

@whmscll - recipe me for the protein pancakes?
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast. My folks got me a Nutribullet for Christmas, and I use it every morning to make a smoothie. A couple of ice cubes, a generous cup of kale, frozen fruit (berries, mango, pineapple, peaches, whatever I want), walnuts or almonds, Greek yogurt, a scoop of protein powder, and a banana. Makes a thick shake of sweet creamy goodness, fits in a serving each of fruit, veg and dairy, and keeps me full until lunch.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i go in stages of not eating breakfast and having it. i always have my coffee.

when i do eat breakfast, its usually either a yogurt or an egg and cheese sandwich, just depending on my mood
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe for anyone interested...they actually have a lot of carbs as well as protein, just no grains.

Mash one small to medium sized banana in a bowl (weigh it and note calories first!)
    Add one Tbsp peanut butter and mix well (weigh the pb and note calories first)
    In a separate bowl whisk two eggs or one egg and one egg's worth of egg whites
    Add eggs to banana/peanut butter mixture
    Add a shake or two of cinnamon and a small dash of vanilla extract
    Mix well
    Ladle onto griddle sprayed with nonstick spray (I use an electric griddle warmed to 250)
    Cook for 5 mins each side or until each side is nicely golden
    Top with fresh or frozen fruit if desired, and butter/margarine if desired. I often eat them plain.
    Enjoy!

Serves one. Depending on the calories in your banana and peanut butter, it's about 300 calories without any toppings.
  • fernandaBush
    fernandaBush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    dinner
  • GlamaMom3
    GlamaMom3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    COFFEE, bagel thin with slices of tomato, sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, 1 slice of turkey bacon broke in half (makes you think there is 2 slices...lol) and a sprinkle of love!
  • Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to only have coffee for breakfast, but now if I don't have two eggs with 1 or 2 bacon I get cranky. I try to get a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese also if it's available. Weekends I'll add a few baby dill pickles and a few slices of cheddar and call it the "astronaut breakfast" - purely because I have a NASA mug and live in Houston.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Same thing. Every day.

1 whole egg
    70-75g egg whites
    green pepper
    sweet onion
    mushrooms
    light english muffin

Sorry. I'm no help in the "get me something other than scrambled eggs" question...
  • whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    An everything bagel with cream cheese.
  • Meggers003
    Meggers003 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    Today is baked apples and bananas:

Baked Apples and Bananas

1 large OR 2 small apples, peeled and cored
    1 Banana, sliced
    1 Tbsp raisins
    Cinnamon
    1/4 cup raw walnut pieces

Peel, core and slice apple/s.

Slice banana.

Arrange on paper plate.

Add cinnamon and raisins.

Put in microwave for 4 min.

Add 1/4 cup raw walnut pieces.

Eat.

For the record- this sounds amazing! I'll have to try this one for sure!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    In a bowl, mix:
    1 banana
    1 egg
    1/3 cup oatmeal

Butter on a skillet and fry yourself up the yummiest Power Pancake you've ever had. So sweet from the banana and oats, I don't even need to put jam or honey on it. Low heat for longer time than you would a normal pancake.

approx. 350 calories
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 scrambled eggs & some sweet italian sausage with 3 figs.