SERIOUS MASS

Has anyone had any experience with serious mass by optimum? If so was it positive or negative ? How did you use it ? 2 scoops ? Looking to use this supplement to fill in missing calories. Need opinions. What other supplements do you recommend? Thanks !!

Replies

• seifofficiale
    seifofficiale Posts: 95 Member
    yeh i tried it and it's pretty good, i used one scoop and added over it peanut butter and eggs. Just so it can spend more time with you haha
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Waste of money. You can make your own "weight gainer" for far less the cost.
  • kevinbruno222
    kevinbruno222 Posts: 18 Member
    yeh i tried it and it's pretty good, i used one scoop and added over it peanut butter and eggs. Just so it can spend more time with you haha

Nice, did you see good gains from it ?
  • kevinbruno222
    jmule24 wrote: »

Ok cool. Any short recipes?
  • jmule24

1 cup of Oats
    1 scoop protein
    2 tablespoons PB
    1 banana
    12 oz Milk
    Chocolate syrup (1/2 serving)
    3-4 ice cubes

550 calories.

It takes me less than 5 mins to make it. I have a nutribullet blender.

• kevinbruno222
    edited June 2015

1 cup of Oats
    1 scoop protein
    2 tablespoons PB
    1 banana
    12 oz Milk
    3-4 ice cubes

550 calories.

Sounds good. When u say protein you mean like protein shake powder ? Cytogainer,whey etc right ? Lol... i know, noobs smh
  • jmule24

1 cup of Oats
    1 scoop protein
    2 tablespoons PB
    1 banana
    12 oz Milk
    3-4 ice cubes

550 calories.

Sounds good. When u say protein you mean like protein shake powder ? Cytogainer,whey etc right ? Lol... i know, noobs smh

Yup, just your standard whey protein powder. Usually 1 scoop gets you 20-25g of protein.
  • kevinbruno222
    Cool. Thanks man !!
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member

Agreed, it is basically just protein powder + a lot of added sugar and carbs.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Yeah you can make your own....if you look at label, it is just more carbs in it.
    So I just buy my regular Met-Rx Whey tub of protein, about $52 for 5lbs
    Then a local supp shop here carries carb power for about $13 for 2lbs
    Each scoop is 25 gr, so 100 calories of carbs.

So this way during my time to bulk I use those two things....
    Then when I cut down, it is an easy way to cut out some calories....just skip the carb powder.
  • blaket207
    blaket207 Posts: 1 Member
    Serious mass is like $55 for a 12lb bag at the vitiman shoppe. One scoup with water is like 635 calories. I use one half serving on days to fill gaps, but as far as advice goes, it's just like any other calorie. If you have too many and you are not working out, you WILL gain fat. You can gain the same muscle or fat from whole foods, it's just a matter of convenience sometimes. This, nor any other product will make you "swole" without the work and consistentcy.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Almonds. Eat three handfuls a day. Easy.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Sweet potatoes? That's the historically classic way to do it. That and lots of steak and liver.