BFDeal wrote: »
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Actually generally it boils down to either or both of the following:

You are eating more calories than you think
    You are burning fewer calories than you think

the things in your OP are mainly short-term stalls (eg less than 6-8 weeks) and majoring in the minors

I like how 8 weeks isn't a long time. That's two months.

It took you a lot longer than that to learn how to talk. Or walk. Or pretty much anything else important.

Bottom line - 8 weeks from now you can be closer to your goal - or not.

Up to the individual.

2 months is nothing. Someone is complaining about having to to diet for 2 extra months? REALLY?? You might struggle a bit in losing weight until you work on your patience.

The words of all the people ever who probably didn't have much to lose or haven't been doing it very long. I've been at this for YEARS and I still have 30lbs or more to go. When I hear any sort of "wait, be patient, just a couple more months" it's eye roll inducing.

So at what point are you allowed to have a point of view ...is it 30lbs? 50? Over a hundred?

You've been at it for years? ...I remember you when I first joined the forums and you just used to complain all the time that it was impossible and yeah, dude, you used to whine a lot. But then you changed, a new av and I thought a new attitude...you seemed to have worked it out, and I thought he's worked it out ...and only 30lbs left to go you seem to be getting there

I'm actually a little shocked to see your attitude may not have changed

Meh, same depressing thing happened that always does. I counted for a couple months, eating 1800 calories which btw seems stupid low for someone my size, to lost about 10lbs. I gained the entire 10 back in one week of not counting (vacation). This illustrates the insanity of this process. If you can't take one week off that's just plain stupid. I didn't even eat that much LOL. It defies all logic.

How can you be here this long and not understand how much of that is just water weight?

IKR

Hey BFDeal are you a pessimist in every aspect of your life?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I fixed the article:

6 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight

1. You are eating more than you burn.
    2. Please refer to reason #1
    3. Please refer to reason #1
    4. Please refer to reason #1
    5. Please refer to reason #1
    6. Please refer to reason #1

There, fixed it.

I think the point of the article was given that you are eating less than you burn, why aren't you losing weight. To say that is because you are eating more than you burn would beg the question.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I fixed the article:

6 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight

1. You are eating more than you burn.
    2. Please refer to reason #1
    3. Please refer to reason #1
    4. Please refer to reason #1
    5. Please refer to reason #1
    6. Please refer to reason #1

There, fixed it.

Gold star for you.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

the things in your OP are mainly short-term stalls (eg less than 6-8 weeks) and majoring in the minors

It took you a lot longer than that to learn how to talk. Or walk. Or pretty much anything else important.

Up to the individual.

2 months is nothing. Someone is complaining about having to to diet for 2 extra months? REALLY?? You might struggle a bit in losing weight until you work on your patience.

The words of all the people ever who probably didn't have much to lose or haven't been doing it very long. I've been at this for YEARS and I still have 30lbs or more to go. When I hear any sort of "wait, be patient, just a couple more months" it's eye roll inducing.

So at what point are you allowed to have a point of view ...is it 30lbs? 50? Over a hundred?

You've been at it for years? ...I remember you when I first joined the forums and you just used to complain all the time that it was impossible and yeah, dude, you used to whine a lot. But then you changed, a new av and I thought a new attitude...you seemed to have worked it out, and I thought he's worked it out ...and only 30lbs left to go you seem to be getting there

Meh, same depressing thing happened that always does. I counted for a couple months, eating 1800 calories which btw seems stupid low for someone my size, to lost about 10lbs. I gained the entire 10 back in one week of not counting (vacation). This illustrates the insanity of this process. If you can't take one week off that's just plain stupid. I didn't even eat that much LOL. It defies all logic.

So you ate 35,000 calories over your maintenance in one week? That does defy logic...
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Good article full of back to basics reminders

It did mention food log and exercise program at the top. So we know there is supposedly a calorie deficit strategy. Or the intent...

I know the bit about fibrous vegetables is key for me. I just am filled up more when I eat more of them. Satisfied to stuffed...

I also like the bit about not sitting at the desk for too long. Where I work we have a fitness program that gives away pedometers and encourages us desk jockeys to get up and walk hourly. Some walk for a 20 minute trip at lunch time.

• belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good article full of back to basics reminders

It did mention food log and exercise program at the top. So we know there is supposedly a calorie deficit strategy. Or the intent...

I know the bit about fibrous vegetables is key for me. I just am filled up more when I eat more of them. Satisfied to stuffed...

I also like the bit about not sitting at the desk for too long. Where I work we have a fitness program that gives away pedometers and encourages us desk jockeys to get up and walk hourly. Some walk for a 20 minute trip at lunch time.

I totally agree with the fibrous vegetables, I have fun watching my fiber go up with each entry and try for 25-30 grams a day. right now I ran out so I need to hit the grocery store.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    The not enough fiber struggle is real people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    The not enough fiber struggle is real people.

Why?

150g raspberries =10g fibre
    (Eat it with 170g 0% Greek yogurt and you get 18g protein too for around 150 calories total)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Up to the individual.

I was overweight half my life. A few more months of dieting are NOTHING.
  • stevencloser
    Options

Up to the individual.

The only way to gain back 10 pounds in a single week is to completely throw all reasoning out of the window and eat like there's no tomorrow. Sorry buddy but you've got no one to blame but yourself.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Up to the individual.

The only way to gain back 10 pounds in a single week is to completely throw all reasoning out of the window and eat like there's no tomorrow. Sorry buddy but you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Or low carb to normal eating would do it too
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    No wonder why noobies on here are so confused! SMH
  • stevencloser
    Options

Up to the individual.

Or low carb to normal eating would do it too

Water weight, alright that's also a way.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    RebeccaD22 wrote: »

People choose to be confused. Read and things won't be so confusing.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

You have lost weight so I am sure you know how. CICO does not sell like all these other things on the market.

I am going to miss arguing with a dietitian major about her beliefs in CICO not working.

• Sued0nim
    Options

Cutting through the confusion

Weigh your food to a calorie defecit across the week

Simple enough?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options