You can DEFINATELY do it!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm hoping not a Packer either...as you see by my profile picture...A Packer fan I'm NOT..But we will help you as much as we can either way...best of luck...Add me if you would like..
  • ivorythorns
    ivorythorns Posts: 33
    Options
    Well that is a tease. NFL fan here. Who did you play for? When?

And good luck with the weight loss (unless you were a packer because then I have to hate you).

Dave

Dave,

I share your Packer hate!

Tim, from Chicago

C'mon, boys! He's an EX player! This is a community of support and encouragement! If he was a Packer, all he has to do is fess up and admit that playing for the Packers was the biggest mistake of his life, and we can forgive him, can't we? In the name of weight loss? :)

On a more serious note, best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Welcome to the community, and I know you can do it!!!

Ivory (from Minnesota)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MFP is a God send! I have tried for years to take of pounds and this works. Go for it with passion like when you were playing football. Good Luck!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well your in the right place! Good luck to you.

And p.s. to all of you Packer haters..... who won the superbowl??? Oh, right the PACKERS! Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options

And good luck with the weight loss (unless you were a packer because then I have to hate you).

Dave

Dave,

Tim, from Chicago

C'mon, boys! He's an EX player! This is a community of support and encouragement! If he was a Packer, all he has to do is fess up and admit that playing for the Packers was the biggest mistake of his life, and we can forgive him, can't we? In the name of weight loss? :)

On a more serious note, best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Welcome to the community, and I know you can do it!!!

Ivory (from Minnesota)

I'm with ya. It's the uniform I don't like. HAve nothing but respect for those guys that just won the Super Bowl!!
    We're all here to support you!!!!

Tim
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What with all the Packer hate here? ;) My username gives me away!

Welcome to MFP, I was at 300 lbs less than 2 years ago, it's as simple as moving more and eating less, more nutrient dense foods.

Definitely a great idea to shed some of the excess baggage, carrying around 300 lbs is not good for the heart, no matter how much strength training you do, unless maybe you are 6' 8" LOL
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard...I can imagine the struggle from NFL player to life after is tough, watching the formal gold medal olympian on the Biggest loser speaks volumes.

Best of luck and I hope you achieve your goals....
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Dave

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- That is soooo funny!! One of my best friends is a packer Backer and I gotta be honest she gets really annoying during football season!!

I promise to keep my Packerlove to a minimum on the forum. :glasses: That could be as much of a challenge as this whole weight loss, being healthy gig, though. :laugh:
  • ivorythorns
    ivorythorns Posts: 33
    Options

I'm with ya. It's the uniform I don't like. HAve nothing but respect for those guys that just won the Super Bowl!!
    We're all here to support you!!!!

Tim

I can't help it. After years of humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat... ;)
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welocme to MFP. You have come to the right place to loose that extra 50 pounds. There are so many wonderful people here who are supportive and helpful. You will get addicted to this site like the rest of us. Good Luck on your journey and always remember we are here for you! :wink:
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Best of luck - with a good mix of good food and exercise and the support of this site - you'll do great.

PS Everybody: He was lineman for Buffalo

**EDIT: Google. It's a powerful tool...
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I don't really care what team you played for, just welcome and good luck!

Michelle
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. The support here is awesome, and a large part of the reason why so many here are successful in losing the weight. Best of luck to you!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Dave

Dave,

Tim, from Chicago

Ivory (from Minnesota)

Wow. It's just a game. He's here for our support...

And just for the record, I'm NOT annoying and I don't hate fans of any other team.

Sheesh!

Sue (Wisconsin)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome I know you can do it because you have the knowledge and the spirit . We should love all the teams because if there was only your favorite team there wouldn't be any games they are going to play by them selves and so far I'm a Charger fan my nephew on the Chargers well locked out free agent for now, so my favorite team might change If you need a friend you can add me
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well you have definitely come to the right place! MFP has some of the most AMAZING support! I know my friends have played a tremendous role in helping me along the way. Good luck on your journey!! You can do this!:smile:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. One step at a time and 50 pounds will come off in time. Limit calories, but be balanced. Good Luck, and Go Bucs.