Ladies of MFP..what would be your ideal first date?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Please inform this big brown man with the awesome tan! I need to start planning for you beautiful ladies ;)

So what would it be....your ideal first date!?
drinks?
dinner?
baseball game?

Oh and dont hesitate to message me. Its ok to crush on me ;)

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Drinks..Naked. Perfect :laugh:
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Lol - what do you think is an ideal first date?

I actually had mine! It involved rugby, a french restaurant and ice cream :)
  • Linnleex3
    Linnleex3 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hmm..
    I'm more of a romance kind of girl, so candlelit dinners, bubble baths, roses and sparkling cider or juice (I'm only 18) are ideal. One things that really tickles my fancy is when a guy say all the right things and mean it, non of that bull just to get in my pants ...I <3 Love ;)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    A walk around a lake followed by ice cream. Yeah I am a cheep date but its a nice way to get to know someone.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That depends on the woman!!!

My BF and I went to a gopher basketball game on our first date 2 years ago. But I am a sports nut. Soooooo in all reality you have to know her enough to figure out what would be best.

Eating in front of someone you don't know is not always fun on a first date -- can be embarrassing. Drink are always safe -- but you want to go somewhere where you can hear each other talk -- but not too quiet in case it is awkward -- this is key.

I think a baseball game could be good even if the gal isn't crazy about sports. You can still sit and chat and have a few beers. And if you figure out she doesn't like baseball -- dip out early.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I think a baseball game could be good even if the gal isn't crazy about sports. You can still sit and chat and have a few beers. And if you figure out she doesn't like baseball -- dip out early.

Totally agree with this one!
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ask me out and I'll show ya! :devil:
  • JGinfo
    JGinfo Posts: 3
    Options
    I say the usual dinner & a movie. No fast moves though. Makes you look desperate. Make sure not to chew gum or constently text your buddies while your on the date. Just a few pointers.

:) hope this helps
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think every woman would be different as far as what they would personally like but your best bet is to show that you took the time to plan something out start to finish but don't blow your cool if a wrench gets thrown into the works. Have back up plans and make it seemless. THAT is what really impresses a girl.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. The first thing that comes to mind is a little bit of humility. Confident men are a turn on. Cocky men . . . not so much.

Any and all of the things you mentioned would be a great first date. Follow the above advice, and you might get a second date.

Good luck!
    Michelle
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Everyone is different of course. Im just curious at how different we are ;)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My favorite first date was my last...my future husband took me to get our palms and cards read, and then we walked down the main drag of Edmonton with coffee and just talked. Sat on a bus bench and people watched...it was awesome. He didn't even kiss me goodbye, but I knew I'd see him again, and it just left me wanting more.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    WELLL-

I would LOVE a day at an aquarium or an art museum, or any museum for that matter, you can wander and talk, or just look at exhibits. Then icecream or gellato outside in the sun.

OR

Because I love MOST sports, tickets to a baseball game, or soccer, or football, or hockey would be AWESOME too. but then definately dinner or dessert after just incase you didn't get to talk much.

Or

A theater performance of some sort, although, this might be more appropriate for a second or third date.

Or

Something that is really near and dear to you... girls also want to get to knwo you, so if you show them a sweet and tender side of you that will win you big cudos. My friend went on a first date to an old folks home to visit her dates grandma. THey played games with a few people there. She said it was really neat.

Or

An Icecream cone and a stroll along the beach, or a park, or somewhere pretty where you can get to know them.

I would say nothing TOOO romantic, that is for later. Definately something that is fun, probably during the day would be best, (makes people feel comfortable) and something out in public. NOT dinner and a movie at your place. That is not a comfortable situation for a first date. Something light and fun that leaves her wanting more.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    writing.gif
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Our first date was fun.
    We went for a walk and sat in some abandoned pink recliners that were left over from a hurricane then went to a local band show that was horrible but it was hilarious to watch all the kids jumping around and head banging to music that was not.. head banging music.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    My favorite first date was my last...my future husband took me to get our palms and cards read, and then we walked down the main drag of Edmonton with coffee and just talked. Sat on a bus bench and people watched...it was awesome. He didn't even kiss me goodbye, but I knew I'd see him again, and it just left me wanting more.

That is so cool!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A sporting event for sure!!! Lots of opportunity to chat, junk food (i know, the wrong forum to list that as a good thing), and something entertaining to distract you if the date is bad!!

Otherwise something like going for a walk and maybe a picnic if you like each other!
  • Kristinemillar
    Options
    My ideal 1st date is the kind of date I have once a fortnight with my Fiance...

Out to dinner then to see the latest Geek movie.

Now though we both have to think really hard about what to eat when we eat out!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    First date... I love food so dinner is usually good. We have. a place in Kansas City called the plaza, fine dining, shopping and sight seeing type of area, it always kind of fun to stop at one of the shops and grab an ice cream or something and walk and talk.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Hmmm. The first thing that comes to mind is a little bit of humility. Confident men are a turn on. Cocky men . . . not so much.

Any and all of the things you mentioned would be a great first date. Follow the above advice, and you might get a second date.

Good luck!
    Michelle

This is a staple! COnfidence!