I want to get buff looking.

Options
Pittleydink
Pittleydink Posts: 68 Member
After doing lots of cardio type exercise I have lost weight and find myself at an ideal weight. I would now like to get buff looking. What must I do to accomplish this?

Replies

• Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    go to www.bodybuilding.com there is an overwhelming amount of information on there to accomplish your goal.
  • Pittleydink
    Options
    bmorss807 wrote: »
    go to www.bodybuilding.com there is an overwhelming amount of information on there to accomplish your goal.

Thanks I will look. I don't consider myself a bodybuilding prospect though, I just want to look like an everyday ordinary buff guy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Time to bulk.
  • Pittleydink
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Time to bulk.

Do I need to bulk? I already weigh 185 lbs and I worked so hard to lose the weight I lost, I'm a little hesitant to put weight back on.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Time to bulk.

Do I need to bulk? I already weigh 185 lbs and I worked so hard to lose the weight I lost, I'm a little hesitant to put weight back on.

Bulk or recomp. How else do expect to gain muscle?
  • Pittleydink
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Time to bulk.

I don't really care if I gain more muscle I just want to look better.
    Which method (bulk or recomp) carries the greatest risk of getting fat again?

• arditarose
    Options
    Time to bulk.

When you bulk, lifting heavy and eating at a calorie surplus-you gain muscle and fat. You can cut the fat again afterward. A recomp is an extremely slow process in which you try to gain a little bit of muscle and lose a little bit of fat while lifting and eating at maintenance.
  • Pittleydink
    Options
    Time to bulk.

When you bulk, lifting heavy and eating at a calorie surplus-you gain muscle and fat. You can cut the fat again afterward. A recomp is an extremely slow process in which you try to gain a little bit of muscle and lose a little bit of fat while lifting and eating at maintenance.

Hmmm, what are my chances of adding enough muscle during the bulk that it will not be negated again when I try to cut the cut afterward?
    Sounds like recomp is a better option for me.

• arditarose
    Options
    Time to bulk.

Hmmm, what are my chances of adding enough muscle during the bulk that it will not be negated again when I try to cut the cut afterward?
    Sounds like recomp is a better option for me.

They're good if you do it right. You're still going to lift and meet your macro goals.

There's a recomp and a bulking thread going on here.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

That's the recomp thread. Might be helpful.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    me too dawg we should lift some weights