So now what?

Options
I have finally reached my goal of losing 60 lbs. I have been scale obsessed, calorie obsessed and exercise obsessed for a year. Now what?

Replies

• End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I have finally reached my goal of losing 60 lbs. I have been scale obsessed, calorie obsessed and exercise obsessed for a year. Now what?

Switch to maintenance mode and find a new fitness goal like running a 5k, getting stronger, body composition, etc… you can always be better at something.

Congrats, by the way!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    now its time for maintenance! Might feel like a mini vacation for you:) Congrats on the weight loss, you look great!
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Give us some tips on how you stayed motivated and nutritonal tips, exercise tips, etc. Now you gotta keep it off! Congrats to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's time to set new (maintenance) goals. A big thing is to set up eating and exercise habits that you plan to maintain long term.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

As some one who has been there done that, got the tee-shirt............and now trying to get back there.

My advice to you is to stay calorie conscience and scale addicted. I know it seems contrary, but trust me, you don't want to put the weight back on and be in my shoes now. The good news is you now have a little wiggle room, but you need to keep up the same habits that got you here in the first place!! Please, don't be me!!!

Congratulations again!!!!
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    Been there! It took me a while to figure it out but it will happen. I spent so much time and energy focused on "reaching the finish line" that I forgot that there really isn't a "finish" to this process. Definitely switch to maintain and most definitely KEEP EXERCISING! Quitting exercising was one of the worst things I did. I am now back on track but it would have been a whole lot easier to just keep going! I really like Grglandr's suggestion. Now that you know you can do this, refocus your energy on a new goal!

Great job on reaching your goal!!!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You look fabulous sweetie! I'm coming up on 40 myself and am hoping to achieve some fabulous myself, so thanks for the inspiration! Keep up the healthy lifestyle and enjoy keeping it off!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Don't do what I always do! I always get where I want and then go back on the see food diet 'cause I feel good about myself. And because my clothes fit and i feel skinny i don't exercise and then the weight creeps right back up on me . Keep at it. And Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Your journey is just beginning.

Remember that most people who lose weight put it back on. Make a goal to sustain your weight for a year.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you have truly been obsessed you now have an equally difficult goal ahead of you- learning to live in balance. Learning to eat without logging every calorie. Learning to stay fit without sacrificing other areas of your life. Learning to let the scale go.

You can do it. I'm technically in maintenance but I still log and I still weigh about 2x a month or so. But I don't stress over it- they are habits I don't mind having.
  • carocurl135
    carocurl135 Posts: 28
    Options
    All good comments. I will NEVER go back to the weight I was. I am certain that this was a life style change and not a diet.
    I will keep on keepin' on!