YOGA PANTS?

Options
2»

Replies

• dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like "90 degree by reflex" capris, for obstacle course racing, because they are made of man made material and dry quickly when u get wet and muddy but they are made with a lot of polyester.I favor the ones with the high waist and they do make both high and low waist (so make sure u try them on) ;-)I get mine at TJ Maxx and I find they don't fall down or ride up.
    whatever you do decide to buy, break them little a little days before your event to make sure they are comfortable and won't cause irritation/chafing ;-)
    I had a pair of pants I didn't do that with (not reflex) and they were falling down the entire 5k. that was so annoying.:-P (but to be fair they were boot cut yoga pants, and I got pretty wet on that course, so the water weight kept pulling them down)(I didn't really think it through before I wore those lol but we live and learn;-) )
    best of luck! :-) have fun out there :-)
    Amie
  • kellystuart11
    kellystuart11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people don't like Lululemon because it's expensive, but when I run (just finished my first half marathon a week ago Sunday) I wear Lululemon Run Inspire Crops. They're mid shin pants that fit really close to the body and can be super light weight so it doesn't make you really hot. I have also worn a pair of full length pants from Costco walking 8 miles one time and I thought I was going to die it was so hot. I'm in Dallas and I did that in the middle of summer so I completely understand the heat. I will always wear crops now.

Lulu is a bit more expensive, but I've ripped up so many other pants (Target and Nike) and the one time I ripped my Lulus at crossfit they sewed them up for free or probably would have replaced them because it wasn't normal wear and tear. They are really good about wicking away moisture and often have mesh in parts that get super sweaty for ventilation. They have ones with and without a drawstring, too. I actually wore mine without a drawstring last Sunday during my long run and they were really flattering on my stomach and still held where they should.

I would DEFINITELY wear cropped pants so you don't have extra fabric bogging down your ankles when running. And definitely go check out Lulu :) they are life changing!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    be careful with lululemon as those too can be see thru

squat tests are good or I often where boy cut underthings to that it's not as obvious

I like cropped pants. I like target champion pants. they have both heavier and thinner pants
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like the danskinnow capri's at Walmart. My friend wears them too, so I've seen her squat in them. They pass the squat test.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    This thread is incomplete currently.

awesome
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I look up to all you guys working outside in hot humid weather. If I had to brave it I would probably opt for the capris too. But one thing about the yoga pants that may help in your next purchase is to look for the compression type with extra seaming around muscles. The seaming can define the good areas. My favorite brand is MPG. If you are lucky you can find it at TJMaxx.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    RunTimer wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    This thread is incomplete currently.

awesome

god lord- thank you

I was so sad no one appreciated my Janelle addition.

Come on- second verse- how cool do you have to be to drop areola into a song.

<3 that girl.
  • snooksmama
    snooksmama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks so much all you ladies! You've given me some good ideas so i can be properly attired for Saturday!