I WANT MUSCLES

Options
Help i want to build some muscle at home help please thank you any one :)

Replies

• sbantonio
    sbantonio Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    MON- Chest day, Tues- Back day, Wed- Legs, Thurs- Shoulders, Fri - Arms. 5 sets each. You will get muscles. Do you have free weights at home?
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What equipment do you have available at home? If you have dumb bells only, there are lots of videos youtube. Also lots of videos for body weight exercises.

If you have (or can purchase) a bar/bench/plates, start on a beginner lifting program, such as stronglifts, new rules for lifting, etc.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    What are you waiting for, get to work! Also, if you want to BUILD muscle, you will need to eat at maintenance or a slight surplus, and get adequate protein. If you still have weight to lose, then you need to eat at a calorie deficit, but you can get stronger muscles, and fat loss will result in you being able to see your muscles more, making it seem as though they are bigger.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Today - lift heavy things.
    Wait 48hrs
    Lift heavier things.
    Repeat.

It really is that simple. There are numerous programs and products - Stronglifts 5x5 is very effective and popular at the moment. Focus on form, strength will come.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    sbantonio wrote: »
    MON- Chest day, Tues- Back day, Wed- Legs, Thurs- Shoulders, Fri - Arms. 5 sets each. You will get muscles. Do you have free weights at home?

My bet is that the OP is new to lifting and would benefit far more from a 3x/week full body routine like Stronglifts, Strong Curves, etc.
    There are even pre-made dumbbell routines, like this: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html that are geared towards beginners instead of a bro split.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    start with body weight exercises... squats, lunges, ab work... push ups, step ups pull ups... get an exercise ball... and just start moving... and do NOT forget to stretch... everything you need to start from .. plans to technique can be found on sites like pinterest and Youtube... so once you get in motion and are feeling stronger... think about investing in a Gym Membership.. OR a 1/2 rack with some Olympic bars and plates... you can pick up pretty much a everything you need second hand for 1/2 of brand new... the world is filled with folks who had good intentions and just ended up looking at their weight lifting equipment feeling guilty about NOT using it... so now it's fer sale.... anyway... start with the body weight stuff to gauge your devotion to yourself... if you find a routine and stick to it... and find that it is no longer challenging you.. THAT is the time to get your lifting on... YOU are so GOING to love what weights do for you :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

This is a routine you would recommend to a new lifter?
  • mrswilkins40
    mrswilkins40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Only dumb bell an five sets of each i needed to know thanks
  • mrswilkins40
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    start with body weight exercises... squats, lunges, ab work... push ups, step ups pull ups... get an exercise ball... and just start moving... and do NOT forget to stretch... everything you need to start from .. plans to technique can be found on sites like pinterest and Youtube... so once you get in motion and are feeling stronger... think about investing in a Gym Membership.. OR a 1/2 rack with some Olympic bars and plates... you can pick up pretty much a everything you need second hand for 1/2 of brand new... the world is filled with folks who had good intentions and just ended up looking at their weight lifting equipment feeling guilty about NOT using it... so now it's fer sale.... anyway... start with the body weight stuff to gauge your devotion to yourself... if you find a routine and stick to it... and find that it is no longer challenging you.. THAT is the time to get your lifting on... YOU are so GOING to love what weights do for you :)

Thanks cause i do squats an the other stuff you posted i didnt know it can be consider as weight lifting now i can be a little more dedicated to them
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

He provided you with nothing useful.
    There are a bunch of different lifts that target the various parts he's listed but he gave no further suggestion.
    and as a new lifter, a bro split like that isn't suggested.
  • mrswilkins40
    Options
    What equipment do you have available at home? If you have dumb bells only, there are lots of videos youtube. Also lots of videos for body weight exercises.

If you have (or can purchase) a bar/bench/plates, start on a beginner lifting program, such as stronglifts, new rules for lifting, etc.

Thank you :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options

He provided you with nothing useful.
    There are a bunch of different lifts that target the various parts he's listed but he gave no further suggestion.
    and as a new lifter, a bro split like that isn't suggested.

Bold made me chuckle.

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Eat more + lift heavy = muscles :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    Options

What about reps? 5 sets of what? He gave you advice that wasn't good at all.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Spartacus DVDs from Men's/Women's Health. All you need are a couple of dumbbells.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    What are you waiting for, get to work! Also, if you want to BUILD muscle, you will need to eat at maintenance or a slight surplus, and get adequate protein. If you still have weight to lose, then you need to eat at a calorie deficit, but you can get stronger muscles, and fat loss will result in you being able to see your muscles more, making it seem as though they are bigger.

This...definitely this...and more of this...
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Spartacus DVDs from Men's/Women's Health. All you need are a couple of dumbbells.

That's a great workout. I did that one and I think it helped me as far as getting leaner. I don't know about building muscle with it, though?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

what???

5 sets of how many reps?

and you left out the most important part - caloric surplus...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP

do you know your current body fat %?
    Have you ever lifted before?

can't really help until we know those two things.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

That's a great workout. I did that one and I think it helped me as far as getting leaner. I don't know about building muscle with it, though?
    Building muscle requires calorie surplus and progressive overload.