Only 5lbs in 2 weeks. Ok?

Options
2Weeks ago started diet and exercise regiment. See food log. I don't think I'm exerising enough, shouldn't I have lost a bit more in 2 weeks?

Replies

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nope that sounds about right
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Only?! I think you need more realistic expectations if you're not happy with FIVE pounds in only 2 weeks.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    2.5 lbs/wk? That's fast, maybe as much water weight as fat, but still fast.

You need more time track record to assess your progress. The first few weeks is adjusting to the new routines and measuring the effects.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    no, that's on the fast side, actually.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2lbs per week is a healthy rate if you have a lot to lose.

This^

2 pounds a week is on track for very overweight people (like 75+ pounds to lose).

As you get closer to goal expect a smaller and smaller numbers of pounds. Many people lose a bunch of weight the first week or two.

You don't have to do any exercise for weight loss. Most exercise doesn't burn nearly the number of calories people expect. MFP gave you a deficit with zero exercise built in. Just exercise for fitness. Lifestyle changes and all that.
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's where I'm at! Be proud of your weight loss.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You lost over 13% of your goal in two weeks and think it should be more?

Granted, some of that is probably water, but it's probably not realistic to expect to lose more quickly or even to expect that rate to continue.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in two weeks is a really fast rate of loss. Congratulations!

Don't get frustrated if you lose more slowly some weeks. It's not a process, not a race. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5 Lbs in two weeks is actually fast. You should probably reign in your expectations, because it will slow down...in the first couple of weeks you lose a lot of water weight...you are also eating less so you have less inherent waste in your system. You need to prepare yourself now for a bit slower loss in the future as reality sets in.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I would be dancing in the streets if I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks!!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    With only 38 lbs to lose you should only be aiming for and expecting to lose about 1lb/week.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I lose less than a half pound a week. Lol.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's rather fast

so, no, you should not have lost more
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you have much to lose, then this is actually ok. I started at 230 and was losing 2-2.5 lbs per week for about 2 months before it started to slow a bit. Now I'm at 165 and lose about .5-1 lb a week (sometimes none).
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i think you're doing well. keep up the hard work. some weeks you might lose more than others. :smile:
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Seriously, 5 lbs in two weeks is fantastic :). I've been at this for a month and am on track for just about 8 lbs lost tomorrow. You'll probably see it slow down a little as you get closer to goal, but you're doing great!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Did anyone go and look at the diary? Less than 1,000 a day in food intake. So you are not doing great, you are not eating enough.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Did anyone go and look at the diary? Less than 1,000 a day in food intake. So you are not doing great, you are not eating enough.

Yep - it is quite obvious why she's losing so rapidly. Putting losing as quickly as possible over her health.