Seeing someone's diary

Options
sidricks
sidricks Posts: 32 Member
I have seen in many threads where people talk about their diary being open. Not just to friends, to everyone. Yet I can't see anyone's diary. What am I doing wrong lol. I'm on an iPad if that matters

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    This might sound like a snarky question but I promise it isn't: Are you clicking "view diary" when you go to someone's profile?
  • sidricks
    Options
    When I go on someone's profile it says that their newsfeed is private. Every time.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    when you click on the person's name, if the diary is open you will see a "view diary" button. Your diary is closed, so I don't see that button but I clicked on one of your friends and her diary was open and the button appeared
  • sidricks
    Options
    slucki01 wrote: »
    when you click on the person's name, if the diary is open you will see a "view diary" button. Your diary is closed, so I don't see that button but I clicked on one of your friends and her diary was open and the button appeared

Thanks that makes sense. It has happened that when someone says their diary is open and many people are commenting on it. Yet I still don't see a view diary button. Weird

• jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    contact tech support.
  • sidricks
    Options
    jhard728 wrote: »
    contact tech support.

Good idea. I just figured I was doing something wrong
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Most people on here have their diary set to private or friends only. Also if you are using the app instead of the website, I don't think you can (or at least I haven't seen a way to).
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, are you able to see it?
  • sidricks
    Options
    No. It only has option to add you as a friend
  • sidricks
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Most people on here have their diary set to private or friends only. Also if you are using the app instead of the website, I don't think you can (or at least I haven't seen a way to).

I'm using the app
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    sidricks wrote: »

I'm using the app

Go onto someone's profile on the browser. You'll see a view diary button.

Don't think it's on the app...
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Mines open if you want to try it.
  • sidricks
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

I'm using the app

Ok. I just tried that. The browser keeps directing me to the app that is already installed. Maybe I have to go on my laptop that doesn't have the app.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options

I'm using the app

Ok. I just tried that. The browser keeps directing me to the app that is already installed. Maybe I have to go on my laptop that doesn't have the app.

I'm not sure how ipad's browsers settings are, but I know on my android, I can go into my browser's settings and change the 'user agent' to desktop. That way it won't ask to open the app when browsing the website.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

I'm using the app

Yeah, try it from your laptop. Mine should be open if you want to test it out....