Turning 50 in September - Have more than 100 lbs to lose!

Options
Wii_Player
Wii_Player Posts: 1,089 Member
Hi everyone.

Yo-yo should be my name since that is what I have been doing for at least 25 years now. This has got to stop. I need to reach goal and stay there!

I want to go on a helicopter ride on my 50th birthday, but I am over the weight limit, which means I have to buy two tickets. To be really safe, I would need to lose 40 lbs in 13 weeks. I know that is not realistic and I may not make it, but I will do my best. It's up to me to stay within my calorie limit and to exercise, what the scale does after that, is out of my control.

I have a long journey ahead and need all the support I can get.

Have a great day!
Diane

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Diane, 53 year old fellow Virgo here, and I've lost 110 pounds over the last 4 years. Started at age 49. I still have about 20 more to go, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do what I can to encourage and help along the way. Good luck!
  • paw2262
    paw2262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm 49 and been "dieting" for years as well but am liking this app
  • Wii_Player
    Options
    Hey Diane, 53 year old fellow Virgo here, and I've lost 110 pounds over the last 4 years. Started at age 49. I still have about 20 more to go, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do what I can to encourage and help along the way. Good luck!

Hi. I am a Virgo also. Congratulations on your weight loss - that is awesome! Sending you a friend request.
  • Wii_Player
    Options
    paw2262 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me I'm 49 and been "dieting" for years as well but am liking this app

I agree. I really like this site. Sending you a friend request. Thank you!
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Diane, you can do this!!! I am 56 years old, and the older I get the harder it gets!

It's like my cardiologist told me, I had to find a way to eat that I can sustain for the rest of my life. I have lost 71 lbs in 10 months. I understand completely that what works for one person might not work for everybody, but the Dr told me to take in less than 2000 calories per day, and try to burn at least 300-500 calories at least 3 days per week. The one thing that has been absolutely crucial for me in this journey has been logging my food in MFP. I couldn't have gotten there any other way. Once again, that's whe works for me. I still have about 90 more to go!
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me!! too!!
    turning 47 this yr, looking at 50!! Feel great..just want to lose some weight,
    and get fit and look slim!
    Been on here for awhile, up and down, but today..started a real real plan to DO this!!
    50 is a fantastic time, from what I see from friends!!
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Diane, you can do this!!! I am 56 years old, and the older I get the harder it gets!

It's like my cardiologist told me, I had to find a way to eat that I can sustain for the rest of my life. I have lost 71 lbs in 10 months. I understand completely that what works for one person might not work for everybody, but the Dr told me to take in less than 2000 calories per day, and try to burn at least 300-500 calories at least 3 days per week. The one thing that has been absolutely crucial for me in this journey has been logging my food in MFP. I couldn't have gotten there any other way. Once again, that's whe works for me. I still have about 90 more to go!

Good stuff thanks
  • Wii_Player
    Options

That is awesome. I have been faithfully logging my food and keeping my calories down. I have not started exercising yet, but one step at a time. I thought I would start with the food this week and then add exercise this weekend. I wanted to start slow and not feel overwhelmed and quit.

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far!
  • Wii_Player
    Options
    Hi, add me!! too!!
    turning 47 this yr, looking at 50!! Feel great..just want to lose some weight,
    and get fit and look slim!
    Been on here for awhile, up and down, but today..started a real real plan to DO this!!
    50 is a fantastic time, from what I see from friends!!

You can do this! Actually, we can do this!