Under the minimum?

Options
anasvitlii
anasvitlii Posts: 267 Member
Hey, is there something wrong with me or what? I ate normaly today, not feeling hungry or anything, I exercised, and MFP is telling me I under-ate. I don't know where the problem is, me or MFP?

Replies

• axilious
    axilious Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you log?
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    You should unlock your diary if you're going to ask a question like this. You will get more help.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Did you change up an exercise routine? Certain days I just feel full and barely hit 1200 kcals, others I'm pushing 3000 and can't get enough, but usually this follows 24-48 hrs after an intense workout.
  • anasvitlii
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    You should unlock your diary if you're going to ask a question like this. You will get more help.

Okay, it's public now.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    anasvitlii wrote: »
    Hey, is there something wrong with me or what? I ate normaly today, not feeling hungry or anything, I exercised, and MFP is telling me I under-ate. I don't know where the problem is, me or MFP?

Your daily calories are a goal to MEET. The calories given were before exercise. When you log exercise MFP gives you more calories (don't trust this number). Many MFP users eat back 50-75% of exercise calories.

If eating under is a once in a while thing - don't worry. If eating under is most days...........plan better. If you are not hungry look for calorie dense foods to fill in the gaps: nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, cheese, full fat dairy, eggs.

It's important to give your body enough fuel. You want most of the weight you lose to be fat...not existing muscle.

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. Today, for example. Other days I'm ravenous. I figure there are things going on I'm not aware of.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

It's you. Eat more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A day here and there probably won't do you any harm. You could just be having a low kind of day. But it can cause problems in the long run and you should switch up your diet if you find yourself eating this low calorie every day. Calorie dense foods can help.

Another thing you need to be careful of is underestimating your food intake. It happens to most of us at one point or another. But I see a lot of cut measurements and those can get inaccurate really fast on things like rice and cantaloupe. It's very possible that you're inadvertently eating more calories than you've logged.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

It's you. Eat more.

Ditto ^

Your daily goal is at least 1200 + exercise. Here's the thing - your body is using calories 24/7. Your heart, lungs, kidneys, etc all use calories everyday. Your body is storing some fat....but not everything your body needs is contained in fat stores.

Losing weight too quickly will result in fat+lean muscle loss. For less than 15 pounds to lose....change your weekly goal to 1/2 pound a week (seriously). You are young.....you can eat way more than 1200 calories and still lose weight.

After logging foods (there is a learning curve....it won't happen overnight) - look at the macros: protein, fat, and carbs. Protein & fats are especially important. Try to meet those goals too. Your diet looks way under on these.
  • anasvitlii
    Options
    Okay, thank you so much everyone. I hope I'll fix this soon :)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You ate 3 cups of melon today??? Along with only veggies, rice, and other fruits? That's probably why you're feeling full.

Measure your rice when raw. Example: 1/2 cup raw rice (not 2 cups cooked)... better yet measure dry in grams or ounces.

Include oils, fats, etc. - You are severly under your dietary fat and protein minimums.

You need to eat more food, and you need to eat more varied. Not doing so puts you at several health risks.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    not sure why you closed your diary again, but fruit and rice all day is probably not the best nutrition you can get, and 800 calories a day is almost never healthy...You will lose a lot of muscle and still look skinny fat - eat more, eat a variety of food, make sure you get enough protein and fat.....