Ridiculous thoughts that get you through your diet/workout- NO JUDGEMENT

Options

Replies

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My dad looked at me at my brothers wedding and went "wow, you're gettin' a little more chubby, hey."
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I swear at myself...a lot. I also think about how my dad (deceased) would want me to keep going. Sometimes those things work. :)
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I personally lift up my shirt and stare at my stomach from different angles for a few minutes. After feeling bad about myself, I remember the people who make fun of me about my weight and their faces when they see me next at my (hopefully) gw. I also think of how great it will be to not have to suck in to put new pants on or not have to order online because a store doesn't carry my size.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I personally lift up my shirt and stare at my stomach from different angles for a few minutes. After feeling bad about myself, I remember the people who make fun of me about my weight and their faces when they see me next at my (hopefully) gw.

!!!!!! I DO THE SAME THING!

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die....(long silence while I get interested in the today show) jolt back into the moment..."O i feel pretty good"m a few minutes later "I'm gonna die, I;m gonna die" (long silence...) and so on.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    For some reason when I am on the treadmill, I think of what I will have for dinner. HIIT workouts I keep telling myself I am 50% done or whatever or tell myself I can make it 2 more rounds, all while cussing my trainer out in my head for coming up with the awful workout. If I am swimming, I think of absolutely nothing most of the time.
  • Caligirl4soccer
    Caligirl4soccer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use to be hot and skinny but gaining weight after my two children now I am more motivated than ever before to be a milf. I know its vain but it's what keeps me working out so hard and eating right.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I keep a printed, full page copy of my "before" picture in my workout sheets. When I start "not feeling it.", I flip to that page, then get back to work.
  • jenniferplatter
    jenniferplatter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture of myself when I was thin in my wallet for inspiration. And what inspires me alot are haters...those who have been jealous about me losing weight. I think to myself, "Just keep bringing it, hater!"
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lie to myself. I tell myself that at a certain lamp post or part of a song or step number I can stop running, and then I keep dragging it out for my entire run. Or I'll say "sing all the way through Yankee Doodle, count to ten, then you can stop running." And then... I don't.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "I can have a beer at the end of this."

Yaaaasssssss
  • sherry_33
    sherry_33 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    denhar01 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    there is already a no judgment thread, we don't need another one…

to answer your question OP ..I focus on the lift that I am about to do and that is all. I actually enjoy lifting so I don't need to trick myself into doing it.

It may benefit you to find something you enjoy so that you don't have to pretend to like it…just my thoughts.

If you don't like the thread, don't post on it. Just my thoughts

• cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    minijump21 wrote: »
    Mine is horrible. My best friend has always been the "skinny hot friend" basically through genetics alone. Now that we're in our 30's, life is starting to catch up with her. It drives her crazy every time I start getting close to her size (I'm a chronic yo yo dieter). I want to finally be smaller than her. I'd never tell her that, or rub it in. It just gives me hope to believe someday I could give her my hands me down size 10's.

ME. TOO!!!!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    here is a novel idea, find something that you like to do and maybe you won't have to trick yourself into doing it..

just saying...
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    kitsch01 wrote: »
    When I'm struggling with arm exercises at the gym my (silent) mantra is 'no more cardigans, no more cardigans.' It makes me smile enough to keep going. And who knows, one day I might ditch all those cardigans in the charity shop.

LOVE THIS!! totally using it!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    here is a novel idea, find something that you like to do and maybe you won't have to trick yourself into doing it..

just saying...

I love my exercise routine. Love it. Although lunges are my mortal enemy lol. Still, imagining myself slimmer while suffering through the lunges helps

Just saying...
  • defatify
    defatify Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of ups and downs with my weight and when I start feeling discouraged about how much weight I've lost I go to the store and look at one pound packages of ground beef. It makes me feel better. So far I've lost ten pounds, but ten pounds of hamburger is a lot! I guess it could also work the opposite way. If I gained ten pounds I could just imagine stuffing ten packs of meat up under my shirt and maybe then I would maybe hit the gym a little harder. I understand that this sounds crazy.
  • Gska17
    Options
    "I can have a beer at the end of this."

Yaaaasssssss

A girl after my own heart! :D
  • Gska17
    Options
    defatify wrote: »
    I've had a lot of ups and downs with my weight and when I start feeling discouraged about how much weight I've lost I go to the store and look at one pound packages of ground beef. It makes me feel better. So far I've lost ten pounds, but ten pounds of hamburger is a lot! I guess it could also work the opposite way. If I gained ten pounds I could just imagine stuffing ten packs of meat up under my shirt and maybe then I would maybe hit the gym a little harder. I understand that this sounds crazy.

It doesn't sound crazy. I think about that when I go bowling. Do I really want two of my bowling balls attached to me again? :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    defatify wrote: »

That's a great idea!