Diet pills, good or all bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    If sugar becomes listed as a controlled substance along with steroids and heroin by the FDA, then perhaps we can have a conversation about it being as dangerous and addictive as cocaine. Until then, I'll keep an open, but skeptical mind.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Also, you have now altered your claim. At first you stated that "sugar is more addictive than cocaine." Now you say the doctor talks about limiting consumption of sugar. Why have you moved the goal post?

Wow. What an argumentative person you are! You are free to look up the research on the additive powers of sugar yourself.
    I'm only "argumentative" because I pay attention. If youngieu don't like being asked for evidence to back up your claims, I'm not the one who has a problem, perhaps it is you that does. This is how it works. You make a claim, you back it up.

You'll make no converts this way.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Also, you have now altered your claim. At first you stated that "sugar is more addictive than cocaine." Now you say the doctor talks about limiting consumption of sugar. Why have you moved the goal post?

Wow. What an argumentative person you are! You are free to look up the research on the additive powers of sugar yourself.
    I'm only "argumentative" because I pay attention. If youngieu don't like being asked for evidence to back up your claims, I'm not the one who has a problem, perhaps it is you that does. This is how it works. You make a claim, you back it up.

You'll make no converts this way.
    Did you bold this because you expect me to prove a negative? I'm not the one making the claim here about the alleged dire consequences of sugar consumption.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion, if you are on a plan under direct medical (a doctor) supervision I see no issue with it. Having said that there are many who were under medical supervision on phen phen (spelling?), who's loved ones would say don't do it. I personally am to cheap to pay for something I can do myself. So in my mind they are a waste of money. Not only that at some point you will have to learn to control your eating and make smart food choices on your own, unless your going to stay on them for life (which opens up a whole new host of problems as people who are at the correct weight shouldn't take them). I would talk to your doctor and make the best choice for yourself, your health and your goals.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not worth the risk with my health, true or false. Plus is better to educate yourself into a better lifestyle than "make do and mend" cause it will all unravel in the end.
  • GSanc2
    GSanc2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Hard work- its free!
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Hard work- its free!

Do you really think that those who try Contrave do not have to work at it??? I actually do. It is now much easier though.

I'm on Contrave & YES, you do have to work at it. It's not a quick fix pill either. I have done the exercises and eaten clean & I have had very little success. So, hard work doesn't always work.