I hate being like this

Options
I hate being over weight. i hate my body, i hate what i eat. but why cant i change it? why cant i not have that kitkat, why cant i leave the chocolate raisins alone? why cant i resist the cakes my dad brings home? i hate myself after eating it.

and i know i can eat these things as long as they fit into my calorie goals, but they never do fit, its hard enough planning 3 meals that fit, let alone room for snacks.

and i dont want to eat them any way. i eat too much sugar, it makes me lathargic, im constantly tired and just lazy and unmotivated to go to the gym. i dont want to drink the coke but i cant seem to stop. i dont want to live my life like this.

Replies

• _8080808_
    _8080808_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have binge eating disorder, or overeating disorder? :)
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    _8080808_ wrote: »
    Maybe you have binge eating disorder, or overeating disorder? :)

ive never had an eating disorder. i dont binge eat, but i do snack alot, im always hungry, i work from home and its too convienent to go to the fridge every hour or so
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You need to start with what's going on on the inside. Dis-ordered eating is a lot more complicated than a 'suck it up buttercup' attitude.

Couple of suggestions that may help.....
    1. STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP (easier said than done but all you are doing is wasting energy and perpetuating the destructive cycle)
    2. Consider talking to a medical professional
    3. Consider looking for a support group either IRL or on the internet
    4. Look into IIFYM/Flexible dieting. It can be very effective in helping people (I'm one of them) with food issues.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to hate it enough to want to stop. Youre not ready to do that yet.

bingo!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You need to hate it enough to want to stop. Youre not ready to do that yet.
    +2 for both kristas posts. I see it as more dysfuntional for someone to write hate in a post multiple times than the overating. Can't, won't shan't are all indications your thinking is not right and some therapy or gudance would help, but you have to get uo and book the appointment if taking control yourself is too much.
  • Fitfornowt
    Fitfornowt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fill the fridge with fruit; ditch the sugary snacks.
    If you work from home, fit in as many quick walks as you can.......who will know you stepped out for 15 mins to walk a mile??
    If you walk more, you will have more calories to fit in those snacks (if you still want them!)
    Good luck x
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is a matter of habit, and you need to work on addressing and changing reflexive patterns of behavior. This could be helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-power-of-habit-part-1-why-habits-matter-688130

• smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    its hard enough planning 3 meals that fit, let alone room for snacks.

How many calories do you eat a day and what sort of thing do you normally have for your meals?
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I find planning helps me. If I make sure I have loads of chopped carrots, celery, hard boiled eggs etc. in the fridge and then I am more likely to eat them if I think I'm getting hungry. If it wasn't ready prepped then I would probably go for the chocolate bar instead because it's quicker and easier. The other thing that I have at the moment is a goal to work towards. I am going on holiday at the end of August and last time I went abroad I spent the whole time covered up because I felt so horrible. That is not going to happy this time so I am feeling determined! I still slip up (2 takeaways at the weekend plus ALOT of wine this weekend, for example!) but I make sure that I am extra good for the next couple of days and do some brisk walks at lunchtime. All the best x
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1300 calories a day and EAT plenty of food. Generally I eat 5 meals a day, each one under 300 calories.
    I eat something every two hours, this way I don't get starving hungry and overeat or reach for that bag of cheddar crackers my kids love. It seems like I am constantly eating....but I since eating 5 tiny meals a day that are packed with nutrition......I am on instagram and share them some times...

Here's my plan for today .

Breakfast
    Coffee with Half and Half
    Banana

Snack 1
    Yogurt
    Blue Berries

Lunch
    Tofurkey Slices
    Mango
    Carrot Sticks and Peanut butter

Dinner
    Mexican Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake -
    Vegetarian Tacos Salad - Non Beef Crumbles seasoned with Taco seasoning, HUGE pile of lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and 3 or 4 tortilla chips

Snack 2
    So Delicious Ice Cream Bar (these are my new fav)
    Chocolate Protein Drink

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I hate being over weight. i hate my body, i hate what i eat. but why cant i change it?

This was the start of my motivation. Well not hating what I eat. OP you're not ready yet.
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    its hard enough planning 3 meals that fit, let alone room for snacks.

How many calories do you eat a day and what sort of thing do you normally have for your meals?

i try to eat 1200 like mfp tells me to, but im just so hungry on that. i usually end up eating 1800-2000. my problem is i hate nearly all veg. and i definately cant eat it cooked, i can eat raw carrot and cucumber, yellow pepper, plum tomatoes at a push but thats about it. i love meats. chicken, turkey, steak, bacon, salmon. i eat alot of pastas, baked potatoes, bread and rice, mostly because theres nothing else in. i also find a battle with my family. last night my bro went to pizza hut and 'out of the kindness of his heart' bought me potatoe wedges that i didnt ask for and then tried to guilt me into eating them. i didnt. its ok for him to eat a whole pizza and dessert though, he just stays skinny even though he eats take out 7-8 times a week atleast.

i try so hard to plan my meals but when i comes to it i just dont want that. or im not full and want more. i crave sweet things alot after ive finished a meal. and i really wish i didnt. and over the past 2 years ive just slowly put on more and more weight.

• deasphodel
    deasphodel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You need to give yourself a break.

Maybe you should start with a higher calorie allowance and bring it down over a few weeks or so. If you start eating slightly less you may find that you don't feel as hungry and then it can be an even smaller amount.
  • jackgregg
    jackgregg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I love to cook healthy myself, but a whole bag of chips or candy can disappear in minutes. Have you tried chocolate covered carrots or cauliflower? Or almond bark? Good luck kido
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I hate being over weight. i hate my body, i hate what i eat. but why cant i change it? why cant i not have that kitkat, why cant i leave the chocolate raisins alone? why cant i resist the cakes my dad brings home? i hate myself after eating it.

and i know i can eat these things as long as they fit into my calorie goals, but they never do fit, its hard enough planning 3 meals that fit, let alone room for snacks.

and i dont want to eat them any way. i eat too much sugar, it makes me lathargic, im constantly tired and just lazy and unmotivated to go to the gym. i dont want to drink the coke but i cant seem to stop. i dont want to live my life like this.

Then don't live like that. If you hate it, change it. I'm not trying to be snarky or mean, but ONLY you can do it. YOU have to want it enough to do it.

Stop saying can't and start saying will. If you want to fit snack in, then go for a slower rate of loss so that you won't be miserable. You aren't going to lose all your fat overnight and it might be a good idea to learn how to snack sensibly while you're losing. It might up the chances that you'll be able to maintain the loss once you get to goal.

Best of luck to you. You CAN do it.