I just deleted a bunch of friends.

Options
Why? Because they lost their drive. They haven't logged in in a few months.

The truth is that seeing people who have logged in for 100+ days is extremely motivating to me, because it *almost* feels like a competition.

So...if you want to be motivational, then shoot me a friend request.

Replies

• Genome88
    Genome88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm at 171! I friend requested you. :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    im at 558 streak because im a bad *kitten*
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    A few months? After 6 days, they're history. I don't want a thousand friends here, I want active friends.
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here a short while but I've logged everyday (even on bad days) feel free to add me : )
  • Haggishare
    Haggishare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I just passed my 1 yr mark without a missed day! I believe in MFP & in myself too much to slack off! Plus, we all need one another; you never know which day may be the day that you affect change!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 98! I'll send you a request. :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm at 600+ days and maintaining a large loss. Feel free to add me.
  • cuppykat
    cuppykat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I deleted a few friends myself the other day. I'm only on like day 65 but if anyone wants to add me feel free!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I delete friends after about a week as well. I need friends for the long haul, not a list of numbers and profile pics.

I do try to message them first though and it helps when they mention before hand that they'll be on vacation or something for a few days.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it anyones job to motivate me. People are free to slack off as much as they like, I will motivate myself. It is nice to have friends that post often and I really enjoy those who do, but I am not going to punish others for not being as noisy as I would like. Maybe they think you were supposed to motivate them and they blame you for their failure because you didn't post interesting enough motivational monologues or intriguing enough exercise?? Seems like a slippery slope. Some people are just quiet. I does not mean they are failures or quitters.

I can only see myself pruning back my friends list if I start to miss the updates of those I enjoy because my feed is too full.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I don't consider it anyones job to motivate me. People are free to slack off as much as they like, I will motivate myself. It is nice to have friends that post often and I really enjoy those who do, but I am not going to punish others for not being as noisy as I would like. Maybe they think you were supposed to motivate them and they blame you for their failure because you didn't post interesting enough motivational monologues or intriguing enough exercise?? Seems like a slippery slope. Some people are just quiet. I does not mean they are failures or quitters.

I can only see myself pruning back my friends list if I start to miss the updates of those I enjoy because my feed is too full.

You are correct about that...it is our own job. It's not that I'm trying to punish anyone for not being nosy...actually, it's not the interaction that motivates me, it's seeing that others are fighting for their goals. That motivates me to fight because if they can do it, there shouldn't be a reason that I can't do it as well.

Quiet is one thing. Not logging in for a long time is another. Why have friends who aren't ever there?
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    After a week, I try to send a note of encouragement. After two weeks with no contact, they're history. Like many others, I want active, engaged friends and try to return the favor.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A few months? After 6 days, they're history. I don't want a thousand friends here, I want active friends.

Right there with ya! I've deleted my own Mama and my best friend. LOL
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have logged for 117 days so far. Anyone feel free to add me to your friends list. It gets boring when the friends you do have either don't log in or never post anything. I need communication!! :)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am super liberal and open with adding friends, but am also quick to delete them. If they're not logging on or are bad for commenting with pseudoscience and Dr. Oz diet advice, I delete them.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just lost my streak at 340 days, but I was kind of half assed logging anyway. I don't usually delete anyone. Sometimes, life kicks you in the *kitten* and weight loss/healthy lifestyle takes a back seat. I get that, and I'm happy to welcome them back. However, I will post my mistakes in addition to my triumphs. I was unfriended by someone recently for posting that I lost control and binged on jalapeno cheese curls. lol.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »

You are correct about that...it is our own job. It's not that I'm trying to punish anyone for not being nosy...actually, it's not the interaction that motivates me, it's seeing that others are fighting for their goals. That motivates me to fight because if they can do it, there shouldn't be a reason that I can't do it as well.

Quiet is one thing. Not logging in for a long time is another. Why have friends who aren't ever there?

I get what you're saying. I'm at 120+, open diary, but mostly quiet. Add me if that works for you!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    Why? Because they lost their drive. They haven't logged in in a few months.

The truth is that seeing people who have logged in for 100+ days is extremely motivating to me, because it *almost* feels like a competition.

So...if you want to be motivational, then shoot me a friend request.

I cant believe you deleted me you Swine! I thought we had something! :'(
  • MarshaGividen
    MarshaGividen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @ enterdanger. None of us are perfect. It's like learning to ride a horse. When you fall off, you back back in the saddle and ride again. I am not without flaw, and will not delete a "friend" for falling off. It's up to us to help keep each other motivated. Get back on and ride friend. I too have missed a day here and there, but those days have been planned well in advance . . . kind of like a vacation. There is no guilt for me following my planned days out. I just get back on and ride again.