What are some rewards you give yourself after meeting your goals?

Options

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Cold Stone Ice Cream

I was beginning to believe I was the only one that was going to say ice cream. :) Mine is going to be topped with hot fudge and whipped cream, though.

FTR: I don't deprive myself of ice cream but that sundae is going to be bigger than any daily caloric intake today would allow. LOL

• Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    @Heydew - I tried using my phone as well but ran into the same problem - it is a Galaxy Note so quite a big beast.

The Garmin I have does not have a HR function but there are other models in the range that do. My reasons for choosing it were that the battery lasts about a year (I already have enough gadgets to charge!) and I already had a Garmin GPS for my bike. The Garmin web site shows data for both these devices so it made sense for me to go with the Vivofit.

I know a couple of people with Fitbits and they love them so I am sure you would be happy with one. Good luck getting to your -30 target.

I have an iphone 6 plus....I feel you there. I think I will try to convince my husband to let me go ahead and get one. I mean im at -21 lbs and that is a great accomplishment right! We will have to see what he says.
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Woo I bit the bullet and went ahead and got it! Super excited!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I buy workout clothes as I meet fitness goals. It is really motivating to have something super cute to wear for a workout for me.
    I also buy new bras and underpants at Victoria's Secret. They are a guilty little pleasure that make me feel good for taking care of me.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Heydew wrote: »
    Woo I bit the bullet and went ahead and got it! Super excited!
    AHHH congrats! Add me! https://www.fitbit.com/user/3GKRPF
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Leather jacket! I always felt too fat carry the style I want off. I am 0.5lbs away from a 67lb loss and planned to buy a leather jacket when I reach it, but since it's supposed to be summer in the UK, I figure I'll wait to buy it going into autumn as a reward for maintaining my losses over summer. Along the way I have mostly 'rewarded' myself with new clothes, which I have need often, so it's not really been at weight milestones, more at the dress size milestones which accompany them. I've also bought new workout clothes and Bluetooth headphones to celebrate the 67lbs. I do also plan to have a hot stone massage as a goal weight reward.

I came write this post thinking I hadn't really rewarded myself along the way, but looking at that list, I really have!
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goals will be met around the time I am finishing up nursing school and starting to work as an RN ...so my rewards are dual purposed and I think a little bigger..and will happen when I can afford to take vacations again. I want to visit Disneyland and the other California theme parks. I haven't been on a plane since before 9/11..not out of fear, but because of size. Maybe a cruise. There are some Universal Harry Potter rides and pretty much ALL of Busch Gardens rides that need to be ridden. I do want a tattoo, but I am waiting to see where all of my skin ends up/where I will need surgery to remove loose skin. My biggest reward will be to post a full length picture of myself on Facebook instead of these pics of my face at clever angles that hide my double chin.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am going to counter all this reward talk by saying that I don't believe in giving myself external rewards. It's already my money since I worked to earn it and I am already worth spending it on myself. Besides, I am not 12 and do not need to be bribed. The outcome is the reward. In any event, external rewards generally do not work for any tasks that involve creative and critical thinking or problem-solving. Yes, a reward can make my dog sit, stay, and heel, but they don't work very well for people. My reward is that I will hopefully live a happy, healthy life for quite a few more years.

I think perhaps your frame of mind is just different. I don't consider any rewards that I have been thinking about "bribes." For me, we are very limited budget day to day. One income, 4 kids...you know the drill. I never spend anything on myself. Haven't had haircut in two years, no new clothes, old runners, things like that... making goals with tangible rewards for HARD WORK :) feels like I deserve having those things and getting them or working towards them is FUN! I am rewarding myself after progress. It's like a thank you card to myself.
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Cold Stone Ice Cream

Ooh. This. When I hit 115, this is what I want. :)

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    An awesome victory dance!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    When I hit 50 lbs lost I gave myself some slack, my SO bought me a Fitbit Charge for mothers day to tell me how proud he is of me and motivate me to keep it going.

I've not told anyone this yet... but when I get down to my goal weight and have maintained it for some time I really want to buy myself a motorcycle. I raced Motocross as a kid and have always loved bikes but haven't gotten on one in years due to feeling like I'm too big.

SO... I'd really like to buy myself a motorcycle when I get down to 150lbs, and a sexy top and pair of jeans to go with it!!
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    great thread!

180 - 1 hour massage/pamper
    140 - body tune up with a chiropractor, purchase nice workout clothes
    130 - about them lasers, hair removal, stretchmark removals, facial rejuv
    124 - going to Thailand to get my body tattoos
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I tend to set fitness oriented goals more than I do weightloss goals. So when I had 10k steps, 5 days a week for close to an entire summer, I got myself a (used) treadmill for inclement weather. If I use the treadmill this whole winter coming up, I intend to drop the money on a nice new one with bells and possibly even whistles.

Every 500 miles walked (per my fitbit) I get a new pair of shoes.

When I finally pull a 225 deadlift, I'm totally getting some kind of celebratory t-shirt.

And so on. :)

Definitely splurge on the whistles!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    // Non-Food Rewards //
    ✓ 190 // Ipsy Subscription
    ✓ 185 // Earrings
    ✓ {{ Overweight BMI }}
    ✓ 180 // B&BW Lotion
    ✓ 175 // Ralph Lauren Romance (Thanks Lis!)
    ✓ 170 // Pedicure
    ✓ {{ Half Way Mark }}
    ✓ 165 // FitBit
    ✓ 160 // Pedicure & Manicure
    ✓ 155 // Haircut
    ✓ {{ Normal BMI }}
    150 // Spa Day/Massage
    145 // New Shoes & Clothes

I still owe myself the pedicures and haircut. I'll bank them for when I'm stressed once the school year starts back up. :laugh:

I decided against doing things like clothes as I went along because I know I need new stuff when I need it and not when I hit a certain number. For now I get most of my stuff at the thrift store. Once I've hit goal I'll go buy some new pieces. :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I started at 254 and am not going to give myself any rewards until 220 as I got down to 224 at the start of the year and then put it back on over the course of three months :(

When I get to 220 I am going to get some new cycling shoes.

Going below 200 will be massive for me so I am thinking of booking a cycling holiday to Rome. There is one in October where you get to ride around the major sites of Rome during the course of a 120km route.

I would have to book it before I get under 200 though which kinda feels like cheating so I might do something else.

That's not cheating. That's motivation!
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've decided that when I get within 10 lbs of my goal weight, I will take horseback riding lessons again.

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have a few small things but for my main rewards I buy them when I find a good price and don't use them until I hit that weight

185 (hit this recently):
    medium t-shirts, which were super tight on me before but now i fit into nicely. also re-bought my favorite shirt in medium
    trimmed my beard back, which i feel i am just hiding my non-existent jawline behind

180:
    i bought a kindle voyage but will continue to use my kindle touch until i hit this weight

175:
    going to get a Twister Jar for my Blendtec and have a go at making some healthy Nutella
    got a great deal on a guitar case but will continue to use my soft canvas case until i get here

170 (goal weight):
    going to get a nice drawing/art tablet as it's something ive wanted to get for years but never got around to
    of course nice wardrobe update etc.

also i have to decide where to put into the above but i want to add actually taking a relaxing bath. It's not something guys talk about as much but I don't think I've done this since i was a kid and recently I'm like hmm, why not?
  • TiJoGa
    TiJoGa Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Some of my "rewards"

After 25lbs I got my tattoo designed.
    After I get into "Onderland" I will get the tattoo done. (I just got there and have an appointment in August!)
    After I lose 50 I will join Crossfit
    When I lose 75 I'm doing a hair makeover
    When I'm at 100 I'm going to? Totally freak out and be amazed and excited!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take flying lessons when I reach goal.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fitbits or other activity trackers seem a popular choice of reward but I would not recommend waiting until you drop 30 pounds to get one as they are so motivational!
    Yeah I'd have to agree with this. If it's something that you need more time to think about if it's going to helpful, maybe wait and do more research and make it your next milestone goal so you have some time to make a wise decision. But if it's going to help you on your journey I think it would be wise to go ahead and pull the trigger on it once you can comfortably afford it.
    Leather jacket! I always felt too fat carry the style I want off. I am 0.5lbs away from a 67lb loss and planned to buy a leather jacket when I reach it, but since it's supposed to be summer in the UK, I figure I'll wait to buy it going into autumn as a reward for maintaining my losses over summer. Along the way I have mostly 'rewarded' myself with new clothes, which I have need often, so it's not really been at weight milestones, more at the dress size milestones which accompany them. I've also bought new workout clothes and Bluetooth headphones to celebrate the 67lbs. I do also plan to have a hot stone massage as a goal weight reward.

I came write this post thinking I hadn't really rewarded myself along the way, but looking at that list, I really have!

oh man now i totally gotta add this to my list.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!