My biceps are too big.

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Wedding dresses always accentuate the arms. That's why I wear one to the gym. :)

With a full skirt, I imagine, to hide your 'deficiency'?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Wedding dresses always accentuate the arms. That's why I wear one to the gym. :)

With a full skirt, I imagine, to hide your 'deficiency'?

Hah!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Can biceps ever really be too big?

I actually had someone ask if I were a swimmer a few months ago and they said I had great shoulders. I have never been much of a swimmer and prefer floaty rafts and icy cold beverages when I'm in the water. Instead of trying to lose muscle mass, why not try being happy with your body and what it is capable of.
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I definitely wasn't saying I have enormous bulging muscles. I was just saying that I feel that my arms are larger than I like, especially for a strapless dress. I'm sure you guys can understand that many of us have different goals. I don't think the skinny girl pose in my pic gives a true reflection of my issue. I appreciate the feedback and will continue to try to drop a few more lbs and focus on full-body work outs. Currently I mostly just run with some Tracy Anderson mat work for the booty.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I definitely wasn't saying I have enormous bulging muscles. I was just saying that I feel that my arms are larger than I like, especially for a strapless dress. I'm sure you guys can understand that many of us have different goals. I don't think the skinny girl pose in my pic gives a true reflection of my issue. I appreciate the feedback and will continue to try to drop a few more lbs and focus on full-body work outs. Currently I mostly just run with some Tracy Anderson mat work for the booty.

Since you can't target weight loss, this seems like a good plan.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Looking at her arms VS. mine, yep, I'm betting 11", too.

You're comparing your arms to women with BMIs around 17-17.5, BTW. No, your arms won't look THAT skinny unless you are underweight.
  • cosettecole
    cosettecole Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Just want to add that I think you look stunning in that dress, and I think that most of this problem is in your head.

I like this... Own that beauty. Own those awesome arms! Allow yourself to get out of your head! If you are still working on your fitness (isn't everyone!?) and are afraid to keep building them, try yoga and like the notes above, work those tris!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Looking at her arms VS. mine, yep, I'm betting 11", too.

You're comparing your arms to women with BMIs around 17-17.5, BTW. No, your arms won't look THAT skinny unless you are underweight.

Fair enough.

• kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OMG, my dear, you look Amazing in that dress!!!! And in your other pics. I think the comment about being a swimmer is you have that lovely long torso, and so look streamlined. While I totally get wanting to look your best, on your wedding day the only thing anyone will see is the joy shining through your face and your aura as you join your life with your best beloved. Relax, and have the very best life ahead!!!!
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    kalegria24 wrote: »
    OMG, my dear, you look Amazing in that dress!!!! And in your other pics. I think the comment about being a swimmer is you have that lovely long torso, and so look streamlined. While I totally get wanting to look your best, on your wedding day the only thing anyone will see is the joy shining through your face and your aura as you join your life with your best beloved. Relax, and have the very best life ahead!!!!

I second that! Congratulations!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have skinny thin arms you are talking about and I am trying to get bigger biceps so if you would like to trade for a day....
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Carry yourself well in your wedding dress & people won't really notice how big your arms are. Also, if the dress fits well & is laced up the back tight, you'll feel alot more comfortable in your strapless. Are you going to wear a long veil? The veil initially will "hide" anything you wish to hide. At the reception people will be drinking, eating, laughing, dancing and too busy hugging you & congratulating you to notice any flaws that you feel. And too you'll be so caught up with your new hubby, any minor irritation will disappear like a wisp into thin air. :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    "My biceps are too big."
    "Do Crossfit."

I'm still laughing at this one!

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    "My biceps are too big."
    "Do Crossfit."

I'm still laughing at this one!

Lol! :D
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    kalegria24 wrote: »

Such a lovely comment. Thank you :) I am really looking forward to the day and I know I will enjoy myself and not be bothered by my arms or anything else. I do still have 6 months though, so just want to get into the best shape I can :)
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Carry yourself well in your wedding dress & people won't really notice how big your arms are. Also, if the dress fits well & is laced up the back tight, you'll feel alot more comfortable in your strapless. Are you going to wear a long veil? The veil initially will "hide" anything you wish to hide. At the reception people will be drinking, eating, laughing, dancing and too busy hugging you & congratulating you to notice any flaws that you feel. And too you'll be so caught up with your new hubby, any minor irritation will disappear like a wisp into thin air. :)

Yes, I know you're right. Thanks! I do plan to wear a veil...and after than it will be dark and everyone will be drunk, haha.

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

It's the tattoos drawing attention to your arms. Makes them look bigger
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

there is 100% no way in any world that you're doing Tracy Anderson and running and have large arms.

You're sense of proportion and perception are off. I would agree the tattoos might be drawing your eyes to them even more.

You're fine.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Can I have some of them? I will gladly take them off your hands.