robinadams2015
robinadams2015 Posts: 23 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
Hey guys, any chicken breast recipes?

Replies

• Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make a coating of ground almonds mixed with some parmesan cheese and your choice of herbs. Dip slices of chicken breast in egg and then your coating and oven bake - crisy and delicious!
  • Tammynado
    Tammynado Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I pour a jar of salsa on mine and cook in crock pot all day - make tacos and quesdillas for dinner, or do same thing with bbq sauce and make shredded bbq sandwiches, made chicken and veggie soup last night. I will butterfly chicken season with italian seasoning inside and out - put a slice of mozzerella cheese and slice of deli ham and bake till done... top chicken breast with pasta sauce and slize of mozzerella cheese for a lighter chicken parm taste... I cook chicken breast on george foreman and chop up in a spinach salad w strawberries, feta and rasberry vinegrette.... That's about where I get stuck .... need some newer ideas myself aside from these...
  • duckgirl969
    duckgirl969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh man, chicken can get SO boring!! I buy the thinly sliced breasts and pound them out so they're about 1/2 inch thick (so they cook evenly). Marinate them for a couple of hours in orange and grapefruit juice, as much cilantro and garlic as you like, plus 1 tsp kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cook in a lightly oiled grill pan about 5-7 minutes per side (or until done).
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    Oh man, chicken can get SO boring!! I buy the thinly sliced breasts and pound them out so they're about 1/2 inch thick (so they cook evenly). Marinate them for a couple of hours in orange and grapefruit juice, as much cilantro and garlic as you like, plus 1 tsp kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cook in a lightly oiled grill pan about 5-7 minutes per side (or until done).

It can get boring, but I dnt really know what else is packed with protein that's good for lunch and dinner. U have any ideas?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, any chicken breast recipes?

Have a crock pot?

Just tried this the other day and it came out amazing (plus I have some in the freezer for quick microwave meals):
    Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

I'm trying this today:
    Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
    Hoping it turns out just as good since I will be left with extra for later in the week.

Another one I plan to try:
    Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken

**If you haven't noticed I love crock pot meals. They are typically easy and make enough so that I have quick meals for the rest of the week.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Season them up real nice. Garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun, pepper, salt etc. Adding too much calorie dense sauces can sometimes defeat the object of eating chicken (which has great Macros).
  • Curvy1Gezel
    Curvy1Gezel Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast boiled and sliced in half in the bottom of an oven proof dish,
    Reduce a tin of chopped tomatoes till not so runny add garlic and Italian herbs,pour on top of chicken oven cook for 10 mins @ 200
    Finely grate mozzarella and another cheese of your choice add more Italian herbs and mix slightly,
    Then add to the top of the tomatoes return to the oven till melted (leave for 2-3 mins its very hot)
    Then eat with a side of your choice
    (Pasta,salad,garlic toast or sweet potato chips)

Hope you like this it's one of my favourite ones xx
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    kabobs with veggies. Chicken stuffed jalapeno bites. Crockpot all day with salsa. butterfly, flatten and stuff it. Cut it in strips and make healthy chicken fingers. Chicken tacos and wraps.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I bake batches of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, then portion the breasts into (roughly) 12 ounce batches. I dice a batch of cooked chicken, and cook that with a simmer sauce, or with diced onions and a can of diced tomatoes for a chicken cacciatore-esque skillet dinner. You can also do a salsa verde baked chicken, or marinara baked chicken.
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    You guys are awesome. I'm going to try all of these to see what I like and dislike. Thanks.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I just buy spice mixes, put them in the slow cooker, cover in said spice mix and leave it. then I'll eat with a salad or as part of a sandwich
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I just buy spice mixes, put them in the slow cooker, cover in said spice mix and leave it. then I'll eat with a salad or as part of a sandwich

Yeah, that's the way I roll too. Even melt some low fat cheese on it once it's cooked. 30 seconds in the microwave should do it. Your welcome! :)
  • seth479
    seth479 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll cut slices into chicken breast so my marinade can get all through it. Then mix together:
    Low sodium soy sauce
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Cayenne pepper
    Minced garlic
    Black pepper
    1 tsp of dijon mustard(this is the only thing I always measure out, soy and worcestershire is around 1-2tbsp each)

Let it sit overnight then grill it or bake it. Then eat with a salad or some veg and rice

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been marinating them in a simple dressing and throwing it on the grill.
  • chubbies35
    chubbies35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I marinate my chicken breasts for 2 days.. i use MRS. dash and tsp of celery seed and extra virgin olive oil,, and a squeeze of lemon or lime
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Lemon Chicken with Thyme
    Yield: 4 servings
    INGREDIENTS

3 or 4 chicken breasts
    Juice of 2 lemons
    Zest of one lemon
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 Tbsp fresh thyme
    1 tsp. pepper
    1/2 tsp. sea salt
    INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; set aside.
    Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour mixture over top, making sure to completely coat them.
    Bake for about 40 minutes (depending on size of chicken) until juices run clear. Enjoy!
    NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Serving Size: 1 chicken breast • Calories: 150 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 2.4 g • Fiber: 0.08 g • Protein: 25 g • WW Points+: 4 pts
  • amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I made a bunch in the crockpot a couple weeks ago and divied it up for meals throughout the week.
    Made some into chicken salad for wraps or sandwiches. My husband asked why i didn't make the fancy chicken salad with apples, grapes, and walnuts and I had just forgotten that recipe so next time that's my plan!
    Made quesadillas or tacos with chicken, black beans, corn, guacamole, peppers, onions and cheese.
    Sautéed zucchini, peppers, onions, and garlicin olive oil and add the already cooked chicken. Season with Italian seasonings and add to bowtie pasta plus add some crushed red pepper and/or mozzarella to taste.
  • melissahilligas
    melissahilligas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make a coating of ground almonds mixed with some parmesan cheese and your choice of herbs. Dip slices of chicken breast in egg and then your coating and oven bake - crisy and delicious!

• lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ooooo my fajita baked chicken is amazing and my salsa chicken casserole. Both really really easy. Add me all I'll give you the recipes
  • asappoeun
    asappoeun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    if chicken breast gets boring, try extra lean ground turkey. they usually sell the 99% 1%