How often do YOU weigh yourself?

Options
In the past, I've weighed myself every day. I found that sometimes the daily scale routine was very depressing. But it's also like an addiction, ya know? You just CAN'T help but step on that scale every day.

I'm thinking that I'll weigh myself on the first & fifteenth of every month.

But maybe I should weigh once a week?

I dunno!

How often do you guys weigh yourself?

Replies

• fuuian
    fuuian Posts: 4
    Options
    I do it once a week on Monday after I wake up.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday morning at the gym.. It's my day off and I get up to the gym early, so it works. I don't even have a good scale at home!!!
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I weigh once a week same day same time!!!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Daily.... as a science nerd, I like to monitor as much as possible... the more data points, the better....
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    Every Saturday morning before I eat breakfast.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I weight myself two or three times a day. Rather then find the increases depressing, I find it amazing how much the body fluctuates and the different things that contribute to it fluctuating. When I lift weights, my body gains like 5 lbs. Not sure why but I assume it is fluid in the muscle. However when I run, my weight drops by up to 10lbs. I assume from sweating.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Mondays and fridays First thing in the morning after I wake up before I eat in my Birthday suit.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only 'weigh in' once a week, same day after I get up, and I don't let the day-to-day fluctuations get me down.. no point in that...I do daily more to monitor that I'm staying within a good weekly range...
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, Sunday mornings.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I stepp on the scale multiple times a day unless it starts to get to me then I put it away for a while. I only officially weigh-in once a week (on Fridays).
  • srenebailey
    srenebailey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Monday too, after I wake up. I chose that day deliberately. If I know I have to weigh myself on Monday morning, it keeps me from having weekend binges.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a month on the first & hide it under my bed so I'm not tempted.
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I get in the shower. It is a bit of an addiction, and I know fluctuations are normal, but I find it helps keep me accountable. If I see the scale start to creep back up, I know I need to work harder that day.
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    I weigh once a week same day same time!!!

that's me too! because weight shifts so much up and down so if I did it everyday some days would be great and some days would be hard so one day a week is the "average" haha at least in my mind!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every month, but then I changed it to every week on the same day. That didn't work, because I just wait till the last 2-3 days to work out and eat better. So I weight every day now, but I have a official weigh in on every 10th of each month.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days. But I don't stress about it. I've lost 2 dress sizes and I can tell the difference in the mirror. That matters more than the scale to me.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Tuesday morning when I get up. I get up, go pee, and then weigh myself lol.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    If I'm having a good loss week, than 3+ days, otherwise on Tuesdays and Saturdays (always in the morning).
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Mondays at noon on the digital scale in the building locker room are official "weigh-in" day. I also weigh myself on the old-timey scale at the gym sometimes throughout the week. I like it because it consistenty reports a lower weight than the digital. ;-)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning.