Anyone up for a juicefast challenge

Options
WillLoz
WillLoz Posts: 17 Member
Occssionally I like to test my limits. Life has no limits so it's good to disprove the adage now and again. ;)

So I am thinking perhaps a juice fast during the summer. Lets face it this is about the best time of the year to do it.

1 did 3 days juice fast but gave up. I hasten to add only because of social pressure. I guess it will be easier if this was done in some sort of group.

My target is 7 days. Anyone ready to go along the ride say next month?

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    No
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Oy.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No

lol, thats gonna be the general consensus.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    What kind of juice are you talking about?

And what is a juice-fast? Are you avoiding all juice? (probably wise) Or are you avoiding all foods except for juice (dumb)?

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    NO
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick me, please.

:unamused:
  • WillLoz
    Options

No

lol, thats gonna be the general consensus.

Not suprised. Lets face it it's not fun nor is it easy. :) Well maybe fun for a select few.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    by juice do you mean wine or beer?

in which case I'm IN.

otherwise. no.

because it would hurt my gainz.

as far as the its' not fun or it's not easy- and doing it anyway only makes sense if there is an end goal beyond "because it seems like something to do". training for a marathon or a power lifting comp isn't always fun- and it's certainly not easy. But the end goal is worth it- and has legitimate mark-able goals. Juicing- other than to give yourself the runs.. not so much.
  • WillLoz
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »

And what is a juice-fast? Are you avoiding all juice? (probably wise) Or are you avoiding all foods except for juice (dumb)?

Well its simply organic fruit amd veg in a juicer. Obviously the higher the ratio of the veg to thw fruit the greater the fatloss.

Lota of stuff on it youtube/google.

I think 80% to 20% is optimum. When i fasted a i had a good deal of my veg and indeed protein was from organic powdered sprinulla and wheatgrass. My fruit source was mainly water melon but be warned its dierutic and you will be i the toilet every 15mins. Hehe ..
    It was an amazing 3 day journey i am ready to push it to 7days maybe even 10 days.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    No
  • WillLoz
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick me, please.

:unamused:

Well it will be nice if you can join.

Much regards.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    WillLoz wrote: »
    mwyvr wrote: »

Well its simply organic fruit amd veg in a juicer. Obviously the higher the ratio of the veg to thw fruit the greater the fatloss.

Lota of stuff on it youtube/google.

I think 80% to 20% is optimum. When i fasted a i had a good deal of my veg and indeed protein was from organic powdered sprinulla and wheatgrass. My fruit source was mainly water melon but be warned its dierutic and you will be i the toilet every 15mins. Hehe ..
    It was an amazing 3 day journey i am ready to push it to 7days maybe even 10 days.

Too much stupid for me today.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    no-gif-todd-stashwick-supernatural-shapeshifter-dracula.gif
  • WillLoz
    Options
    3 people ready so.far good keep em coming:)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Wine is fermented grape juice, so I'm in for this challenge. Can we start now? These people in my office are driving me insane.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's stupid, unpleasant, unnecessary, maybe unhealthy and expensive. I can see the appeal. Good luck :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    WillLoz wrote: »
    My fruit source was mainly water melon but be warned its dierutic and you will be i the toilet every 15mins. Hehe ..

Oh! Well in that case I'm in!!

Not really. Have fun with your dehydration and diarrhea.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hell no!
  • WillLoz
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Wine is fermented grape juice, so I'm in for this challenge. Can we start now? These people in my office are driving me insane.

Oh yes you awaken memories of my past. I did the only wine fast 2 days straight at the grape harvest festival in Argentina. I Followed my fast (for want of a better word) with 4 days protein only diet. Gorging myself with finest steaks ever known to man! It was an amazing experience. I felt my inner caveman had be rebirthed.

If you could do the just a 1 day wine fast you have my utmost respect.

Do it i say :)
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    no-gif-todd-stashwick-supernatural-shapeshifter-dracula.gif

Any response giving a Supernatural gif is golden!