losing weight for a cosplay

Options
I know, its kind of a stupid reason, but it works for me. anyone else doing the same thing?

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for a cosplay last year, and am kind of doing the same this year :) I mean, I would probably lose weight anyway, but the cosplay is extra motivation! What cosplay are you planning?

Last year I went to New York Comic Con as Midna from LoZ: Twilight Princess (I have a thread about that actually: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1461176/cosplay-success-not-afraid-to-show-my-tummy-pics/p1) and this year my friends and I are going as Jedi Disney Princesses and I'm probably doing Ariel.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight specifically for a cosplay but cosplay is on the list of things I want to do and feel I can only do once I drop.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Cosplay stuff can cost a lot of money and is kind of an event thing in my opinion so I don't think it is stupid. I think it is like buying that goal size dress, jeans, bikini, except more expensive.
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is one of the reasons I am. It's my only hobby (unless you count the gym as a hobby) I spend a lot of money doing it and I might as well rock it. Only draw back is some pieces might not fit anymore and are expencive. I do Steampunk Cosplay
  • Chomesuke
    Chomesuke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to find other cosplayers on here!!XD I don't think it's a stupid reason at all; that's my main reason to lose weight. If I'm going to put a ton of time into making an awesome costume, I want to be able to look good in it.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Ladies getting fit for cosplay... Best. Reason. Evah.
    ;)

PS - nothing against you gents doing it as well; it just doesn't inspire the same sort of positive reaction from me.
  • KiwiMellow
    KiwiMellow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I literally just started but I'm trying to get fit for cosplay and jfashion brands
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    flinx1241 wrote: »
    Ladies getting fit for cosplay... Best. Reason. Evah.
    ;)

PS - nothing against you gents doing it as well; it just doesn't inspire the same sort of positive reaction from me.

Haha, I get what you are saying, I would have to agree!

• Nefari
    Nefari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's a brilliant reason. Your passionate about it, which means its importance fits with any other special event, wedding, graduation, race, bodybuilding, pageant, and so on. I admire those who go all out and could see myself actually trying next comicon. I kinda just watched in facination this year. Good for you!