Replies

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Shopping shopping shopping!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The closet full of clothes I don't fit. I love clothes, and own a lot, but fit in nearly none right now.

Don't get me wrong, feeling better is up there too!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    melix314 wrote: »
    Ultimately all I want is to be healthy. I want to be able to buy bikinis and tell myself "wow you look good". I've been with my boyfriend 3 years now, we talk about marriage all the time but I want to also loose weight so when the day comes I have to wear a white dress I can feel good about myself knowing I look great !

I almost said this too! I didn't want to jinx it and have to wait even longer for that question to come :)
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    treating my body like a temple vs. a tomb
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started so I could:
    Live longer and enjoy my life with my kids more
    Shop
    High heels
    sit with both legs up in the chair
    tie my shoes without nearly passing out
    not feeling embarrassed every time I left the house
    eat in public without feeling as if everyone is looking
    not sweating all the time
    walking and not feeling as if I was gonna die
    and so on........
  • pattysolis333
    pattysolis333 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Being healthy!!! And of course, shopping for cuter clothes, doesn't hurt!
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I look forward to less pack pain, being able to wear what I truly want, being healthy so someday when we want to start a family we can, believing my boyfriend when he tells me I'm beautiful and to be happier.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There's feeling better and having more energy but if I'm going to be honest it's clothes.

I remember when I liked shopping and would get an outfit because it looked awesome and I felt good in it instead of having to get something because I've gotten too big for old clothes and settle for anything looks half decent, fits and hides my stomach.

I hate clothes shopping now. Looking forward to liking it again.

• opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Rosie5151 wrote: »
    All I wanted to do was be healthy at first, but as the weight has been coming off so many more things come to mind that I want. Losing 76lbs I've been able to do the small things.. cross my legs again, cut my toenails and be able to breath and I've gone down 8 sizes! But Now I want more and more... maybe do a "walking" marathon and tone a lot!

That is amazing. Of course you want more. After tackling that and succeeding, you should feel like you can conquer the universe (and rightfully so).

• MichiganGirl67
    MichiganGirl67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to dress how I want instead of how my body shape forces me to dress and also having the energy and confidence to enjoy the activities I used to enjoy but have shied away from since I've put on weight.

Same here...the cute stuff will never be made in 2XL.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    - Being at a healthy weight for the first time in my adult life.
    - Shopping at any clothing store.
    - Hopefully lose a foot size too. (Hey, I can dream!)
    - It's been 6 years since my Husband passed away. I'm finally at a point emotionally where I'm ready to meet someone and hopefully start a new relationship. Losing almost 180 lbs (with 60 lbs more to go) has really added to my self -esteem and confidence in this area.
    - Try new kinds of water sports. I love canoeing and would love to try kayaking.
    - Fully dressing with my own sense of style instead of settling for unappealing styles mixed in with half my own style.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I like being able to see my belt buckle.

I want to eventually get the Tim McGraw Keith Urban slum but muscular build

There is much work to be done.

On the way and just seeing it getting closer is a great motivator
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Where do I start because its all good. No more snoring, reduction in blood pressure to normal level, cholesterol drop of fifty points, new clothes, complements, I eat better food, exercise and most of all I feel great. Sorry if I I am looking back more than forward but this journey is so worth it. When you see it start happening you get to a point and think "I can really do this".
  • libbyno3
    libbyno3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A sense of achievement from having done a difficult thing
  • mymadfatdiary94
    mymadfatdiary94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    looking forward to look the way i feel inside
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    increased mobility and health.
  • amycfatnomore
    amycfatnomore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    -To be able to LIVE my life & enjoy it
    -To have people laugh around me and not assume I'm what they're laughing at
    -To give my kids all the experiences they missed out because mom was too big (jet skiing, rock climbing, ziplining, you name it)
    -To not stay home because I have worries like "will I be the biggest one there?" "will the seating hold me/be comfortable?" "how far will I have to walk to get there? Is it uphill?"
    -The list goes on & on
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    By not being in the category of obese. And just to be a healthier me and get rid of blood pressure medication, (that one may not be possible) and to be able to tuck in a shirt.
  • dlgallian
    dlgallian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to prove to myself that I'm in charge of my life, and I can align who I am with who I want to be. In the past several years I've really done a lot of work on my career, on my approach to life, and on becoming the kind of person I want to be (and who I feel I'm meant to be) but the extra 30-40 pounds I'm carrying is really the last barrier to being the person I think I'm meant to be. It's my last real misalignment and after being so honest with myself and doing so much hard work in other areas of my life it would make absolutely no sense to continue to lie to myself about my weight and the way I care for my body.

And, I want to wear the clothes I love and feel like are more "me," not just the clothes that cover me up and don't make me look terrible. And I want the clothes to fall correctly on my body and not look wonky (attractive clothes just aren't as attractive on me when I'm heavier, at least not to my aesthetic).
  • irish_elfin
    irish_elfin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Shopping in a regular store for clothing and not having to go to a specialty shop.