Good substitute for your chips craving

Options

Replies

• asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    gruvergirl wrote: »
    I found a recipe for baked zucchini chips....WAY better than any potato chips I've had! You can add whatever seasonings to them that you want. Sure takes care of that crunchy/salty craving!

Yum how many zucchinis do you need for a serving?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    there is not a substantial nutritional difference between commercial veggie chips and potato chips.
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nuts are my go to salty snack. I get a 1/4 cup almonds or pistachios and 1/4 cup raisins. Works every time. Chips were my nemesis ; I would eat a family size bag by myself. When I was cutting back I would make it last TWO whole sittings!!!! I would make a chip run at 3am. Don't even miss them now; however I know not to even open a chip bag
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    there is not a substantial nutritional difference between commercial veggie chips and potato chips.

Really ill have to look closer on that
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I agree. I looked at the back of a bag of the veggie chips and it was scary. I won't eat those again. More of a marketing ploy than anything with those I feel.
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    Purple1105 wrote: »
    Nuts are my go to salty snack. I get a 1/4 cup almonds or pistachios and 1/4 cup raisins. Works every time. Chips were my nemesis ; I would eat a family size bag by myself. When I was cutting back I would make it last TWO whole sittings!!!! I would make a chip run at 3am. Don't even miss them now; however I know not to even open a chip bag

I know the feeling lmao in college I was that girl too
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Plantain chips
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    pop chips and flavored seaweed is my go to when I'm craving salty / crunch chip type things
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I too am a chip addict. I love salty and crunchy. I could eat a family size bag in a sitting too! Heck, I could eat the bag on the way home from the grocery store! I rarely ever buy chips nowadays, and when I do it's always those small, single serving bags like you find in vending machines. I prefer to snack on nuts, pretzels (in moderation due to salt; they're safer for me because I don't crave pretzels like I do chips and therefore can be satisfied with one serving), peanut butter and carrots/apples, and popcorn!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i just eat the chips. i love chips... I LOVE CHIPS 1oz isn't a lot but i deal with it.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    chips. I always overdo chips though so trying to go back to my no prepackaged snacks rule. Used to make my own chips and sweets and that worked really well for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I eat real chips... Eating food does not make me feel guilty it's just food.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Have you found different kinds of veggie chips that are different than veggie potato chips? The only ones I've found were the same deL, just different veggies. In my store, they have them near the deli, not in the snack section, but the ones I found were snacks.

If I want crunch, I usually turn to rice cakes. If I happen to have crackers, I'll have those, but it's rare.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    1 oz of chips? lol. No. Not happening. When I'm going to eat chips, I have to set aside like 700 calories or just deal with the mess I make calorie wise.

Otherwise, popcorn. I don't think of it as a "substitute". I like it a lot and I can eat a full bag pretty much whenever and stay within my goals.
  • runbailsrun
    runbailsrun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Homemade kale chips, so easy and good. Just kale leaves washed, dried ( very well) and tore into bite sized pieces, misted with a little olive oil and sea salt and baked till CRISP.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I eat cucumbers with salsa and yogurt-sriracha dip instead of the nachos I used to eat. 60 days chip-free and couniting!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    I switched from chips to popcorn. It's low in calories and good fiber. I also found some popcorn seasonings at Kroger and Walmart to flavor it. They are also low in calories, unless you sprinkle a ton of it on. My favorite is the Kettle Popcorn seasoning and Chocolate Caramel.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    For a crunchy, salty snack I love the calbees peas/lentils or TJ inner peas. They're so good. I don't buy them often because I can go ham on an entire bag too easily, even though I portion them into weighed snack bags.
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    genisoy soy crisps sea salt flavor.......but they are addictive too......
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mary's organic seed crackers, caraway flavour or salted roasted soy nuts.