What One Small Change Made the Biggest Difference?

Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I learned not to eat breakfast first thing in the morning. I eat less throughout the day that way.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1. FOOD SCALE!!!! I can not say that enough. 2. Moving more even in the smallest way. Not asking others to grab something for you. Taking the stairs. Etc. 3. Water. Water. Water.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    1. FOOD SCALE!!!! I can not say that enough. 2. Moving more even in the smallest way. Not asking others to grab something for you. Taking the stairs. Etc. 3. Water. Water. Water.

Hear hear!
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Logging no matter what. Good day, cheat a little, binge, whatever, I honestly log whatever I've eaten.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    fishcat123 wrote: »
    Logging no matter what. Good day, cheat a little, binge, whatever, I honestly log whatever I've eaten.

So true!
  • HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track! Keep moving! Go to the gym! Take a walk. Walk some more. Run. Cross train. But eat healthily because you can'tout train a bad diet. Good luck!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    attending TOPS every week and staying accountable. To look at my food as fuel, and treating my body with respect, giving it great stuff to eat not crap.
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've realised another thing which has made a big difference - not snacking when the children do! They tend to graze, particularly on weekends. It had become easy for me to join in mindlessly (may as well have a piece of toast too, another piece of fruit, the last few biscuits in the pack or a left over yoghurt). I only took to grazing with them over the last few years and hadn't even realised I had started. It had definitely led to a marked increase in my calorie intake per week but was an easy habit to break.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    weighing my food and drinking at least 3lit of water a day...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was a yo yo dieter. It's easy to lose weight. The hard thing is not gaining it back. The one thing that made the difference was finding a way to own my choices. How I did that was I stopped ascribing value judgments to food.

Once food stopped having human attributes for me, I no longer maintained an intimate relationship with it and I had room to do other things with my life.
  • GalaxyPants
    GalaxyPants Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ive found that if I actually am honest about my logging I hold myself more accountable.
    Another small thing that has helped is portion size! I make the same meal, but smaller and realise Im actually incredibly satisfied with less (helps if you use a smaller plate too)
  • 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Homemade meals instead of eating out
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Packing my lunch. And ... logging, logging, logging ...
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Homemade meals instead of eating out

Yup, me too!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Weighing my food.

Also, changing from grazing to making actual meals.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    One small change: I started weighing my food on a food scale. I still ate the same foods, so i didn't like, overhaul my diet. I learned a lot about serving sizes and portion control.
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Learning to love myself. Making healthy choices and doing good things for my body out of love rather than hate has been the game changer for me. Now eating well is enjoyable and working out feels like 'me time'. :)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Achaila wrote: »
    Giving up soda. All soda. Even diet.

Oh man I did this so long ago i forgot to list it but yes! Not only losing out on the calories but giving it up destroyed my sweet tooth and i lost 40 lb.
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Spending my calories on nutrient dense foods.
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I cut all meat but fish from my diet