Hi, new to this, any pointers?

Options
Hi my name is Nnenna and looking to lose 42lbs. I started at 207lbs and now at 199lbs. On a low carb diet and working out 4 days a week. So far lost 5lbs since I started tracking my calories, it helping immensly. So far lost 7lbs. Looking to hit the milestone of 185lbs by the last week of August.

Any tips would be most welcome.

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be to continue tracking your calories! Make sure you do it every time you consume anything calorific (is that a word). Stay within your macros. Days that you are working out, add extra protein into your diet, remember muscle burns fat. Protein will help build up muscle. Take it one week at a time. I lost 10 pounds in a month, and it was all with just tracking calories and working out twice a week. Granted I have a physical job so it's almost like a workout everyday.

Keep yourself motivated. Everyday tell yourself, you want to be a healthier you. You have to want something in order to get it! Good luck!
  • EnglishNaijaGalinCali83
    Options
    Great tips thank you so much!!!

I am finding it hard to add more protein in my diet. What foods would you suggest I add?
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just be honest with your calorie diary. Cutting corners and not being honest only short changes yourself.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MichaelGlenday1
    MichaelGlenday1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nnenna, my name is Michael and I am also new to the program as well but I do hope you get the weight that you want to be and if you want to be friends with me my address is michael@glenday.id.au so if you want to talk then we can talk on email if you have one. but good Luck and if you want to be friends I am happy to add you to my email address book.
  • trainerjess32go
    trainerjess32go Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Protein sources - fish (tuna, tilapia, salmon), Greek yogurt, eggs, turkey meat are a few other things to incorporate.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, egg whites, legumes for protein plus fish, chicken, beef, etc.
    Options
    Protein sources - fish (tuna, tilapia, salmon), Greek yogurt, eggs, turkey meat are a few other things to incorporate.

Thank you. I have been depending on proteins bars like Westgate, 100 calorie bars but noticing that my carb macros are always higher than I want. I,will incorporate the foods you suggested even more.

Options
    *Quest bar
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, egg whites, legumes for protein plus fish, chicken, beef, etc.

Thanks for the list, never tried legumes but will give it a go. I have been eating organic eggs with the yolk, are egg whites the best way to eat eggs when losing weight?
  • trainerjess32go
    trainerjess32go Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You do need some healthy fat in your diet to maintain hormone levels, hair growth, energy, etc. But if you already are taking in enough fat the yolks aren't as important. The whites are pretty much straight protein as opposed to the yolk which has fat, cholesterol, and other nutrients. If your day has enough fat in it already, however, you can take in a bunch of egg whites to increase your protein without getting too much fat/cholesterol.
    Options
    You do need some healthy fat in your diet to maintain hormone levels, hair growth, energy, etc. But if you already are taking in enough fat the yolks aren't as important. The whites are pretty much straight protein as opposed to the yolk which has fat, cholesterol, and other nutrients. If your day has enough fat in it already, however, you can take in a bunch of egg whites to increase your protein without getting too much fat/cholesterol.

Thank you, I am aiming to have 25% fat daily, is this a Good macro to have?