Tankini to Bikini Before and After (65 lbs later!)

Options
12346»

Replies

• MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up!
  • Brandy3827
    Brandy3827 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're such an inspiration! We're similar sizes (my pic is an old one- to remind me of what I once was and can be again). I'm 5'5 and around 198 now... in that picture I was around 145 and I was afraid my tummy and arms would never be the same again. But after seeing your pics I know it's possible! If you don't mind my asking, is your skin recovering from the weight loss well? You look amazing :)
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    You look great! Good job!!
  • Mastray
    Mastray Posts: 10
    Options
    Amazingly awesome job!! You're definitely an inspiration to soooo many ppl!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and have always been my inspiration! We started this journey nearly at the same time and you've done incredibly well...so determined!

Feel proud of your achievement!!! xxx
  • IESHA12
    IESHA12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB U LOOKN GOOD...CAN U GIVE ME SUM POINTERS ON KEEPN FOCUSED AND WHAT SHOULD I EAT AND SHOULDNT EAT...HELP...
  • Gidget1969
    Gidget1969 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations. It's great to hear that all hard work pays off. :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're such an inspiration! We're similar sizes (my pic is an old one- to remind me of what I once was and can be again). I'm 5'5 and around 198 now... in that picture I was around 145 and I was afraid my tummy and arms would never be the same again. But after seeing your pics I know it's possible! If you don't mind my asking, is your skin recovering from the weight loss well? You look amazing :)

For the most part, my skin has been recovering. It doesn't look as if I've never lost weight, but its not hanging off me. I have some very faint stretch marks on my arms, inner thighs, and midsection but you can't really see them. And in those areas, the skin hasn't 100% gone back into place but it just looks a little squishy instead of gross. And I have been holding around the same weight in the last 6 months and it has gotten better over time. I've heard it could take a year or two for the skin to fully recover, so I'm happy with the progress so far. And I'm not gonna let a little loose skin stop me from wearing a swimsuit or tank tops or anything. I haven't done anything special to get it to this point besides using BioOil on occasion and drinking lots of water, and losing weight at a slow pace (1-2 lbs a week max).

EDIT: Also, strength training is important as well. If you build up the muscle underneath the skin, it fills it out somewhat where there used to be fat. So you'll look more toned and the skin won't be as bad.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    GOOD JOB U LOOKN GOOD...CAN U GIVE ME SUM POINTERS ON KEEPN FOCUSED AND WHAT SHOULD I EAT AND SHOULDNT EAT...HELP...

Try reading through my blog posts, linked below. Just set small, achievable goals to keep you moving forward, let yourself live a little (no diet is gonna stick forever if you can't handle it for even 2 weeks), and keep logging everything. That's what i've done, nothing magic, just some good old fashioned dedication and effort.
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    great work! welldonex
  • 00trayn
    Options
    My mom just told me that she's planning to take me and my sister to the beach this weekend when I'm home in Jersey! I get to try out my new bikini in public :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!