Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What am I doing wrong?

13»

Replies

• sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Thank you so much for all the important all the help everyone, I think I'm getting this lol
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    If you're working out hard make certain you're not overeating your workouts. These electronic devices, including MFP and machines have a history of overestimating calories burned. So it's never a good idea to eat more than 1/2 calories burned back.

Good luck--remember--it's just calories in versus calories out.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    honestly some of the things in that excersize database are just.. ridiculous.
    I've seen people log cleaning and burning almost 800 calories from it apparently.
    Even when i wore a heart rate monitor i still always halfed my burned calories.
    But even some things in that database, CMON... 800 calories burned from cleaning, if people aren't questioning that there is something wrong lol

I don't think any of estimated calories in the database can be trusted. A few months back, I was out hiking all day (8+ hours). A decent portion of it involved some steep inclines/declines but the majority was your basic hiking through woods, hilly terrain, flat paths, etc. I wear my HRM when I hike. I know enough not to think that it's super accurate, but it gives me a much better ballpark number to work with.
    My HRM told me I burned 1,900 calories. MFP told me I burned over 4,000.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Yep I don't even record calories for activities like cleaning or moving boxes. I only consider my actually cardio on an actual machine as exercise and even then I only eat back about 25% of what the machine tells me I burn and I have maintained the same weight in spite of working out at the gym for 6 months (on purpose - doing recomp not gains or losses)
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    hearthwood wrote: »
    If you're working out hard make certain you're not overeating your workouts. These electronic devices, including MFP and machines have a history of overestimating calories burned. So it's never a good idea to eat more than 1/2 calories burned back.

Good luck--remember--it's just calories in versus calories out.

I've been eating typically 80-90 percent of my exercise calories back and I've been losing at a pace I've been pretty pleased with. However, I think I've been compensating by 1) overestimating my caloric intake (e.g., always rounding up where I can) and 2) not including nonsignificant exercise
  • l8knut
    l8knut Posts: 18 Member
    For me, it helped in the beginning to not eat my excercise calories. I never had more than 500 anyway. That way I was assured that I was in a deficit. I'm trying to make this easy and fun this time and so far it's working. I only excercise 3 days a week for 30 min and it makes a big difference. Now I add in my excercise calories, but usually don't use them anyway. Just training my mind. I always go over on the weekends but make up for that during the week. Just adapting this to my lifestyle is what it'sall about. If I can do this, anyone can!
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Weighing everything now. Now that I know how lol. We'll see what happens. Looking for some good DVDs workouts that might be good. Hopefully I find some good ones.