Yoga Nightmare

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    I've had boobs pop out in class and I've farted. Yoga people are generally a good accepting bunch so any judgement would have come from inside you, not them. Suck it up buttercup and go do some more yoga!
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    I'm not dainty about anything. If I rip one in a yoga class its pretty obvious it was me. The class I was in was so laid back sometimes there was applause...
  • TehBunny
    TehBunny Posts: 6 Member
    The side effect of that for me is it made me want to eat better before yoga so I wouldn't be gassy before class. I hope you'll give it another try. Yoga is awesome.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Laura732 wrote: »
    I'm not dainty about anything. If I rip one in a yoga class its pretty obvious it was me. The class I was in was so laid back sometimes there was applause...

That is awesome.

Honestly, the first time it happened to me, even though I was embarrassed, it was kind of an "achievement unlocked" moment. Like -- hey, I'm here, I'm working hard, and them's the breaks (pun intended).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    with all the cleanses going on in yoga studios, farts are inevitable
  • tiger400
    tiger400 Posts: 9 Member
    As long as you all fart at the same time and blow the ceiling off lol. Chill Lauren Beth it happens to us all
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    If it's gotta happen somewhere, be thankful it's in yoga. EVERYONE that has taken more than one yoga has experienced that. Once you got passed the internal embarrassment, I bet your joints felt better, so go back for more!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    don't eat 4 hours before class - you'll be fine.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    lmao. This thread has turned me off completely of ever doing yoga outside of my living room.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    It has happened to me! I was really embarrassed especially since that particular class was super quiet. I got over it even though I haven't gone back to that particular class yet. I'm a nurse so I deal with all kinds of bodily functions every day. It doesn't bother me as much anymore.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited June 2015
    48e06566baaaa3f43027524cce29ca61.jpg
    farting_17_things_girls_do_but_will_never_admit.gif

• seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm so sorry I laughed, but if it makes you feel any better, I exacerbated an old injury (from twenty years prior) and wound up fracturing my lateral malleolus/ankle (after fracturing it twice before, having multiple sprains and even physical therapy) simply standing on one leg. When I came out of the pose I felt that horrible numbness and knew. A trip to the doctor confirmed it and I had to wear a cast (for the third time). That was my first and last yoga class. I can injure myself literally just standing still.
  • helenfirth13
    helenfirth13 Posts: 3 Member
    Lol happened to me also
  • stevehendry22
    stevehendry22 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Yoga is awesome and great if you have digestive issues. Everyone farts in class. I have while initially embarassing noone really cares bc they know its part of the yoga! Queef now that is more embarassing but noone knows where it came from!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I was hoping this thread would be about farting in yoga.
  • stevehendry22
    stevehendry22 Posts: 3 Member
    lol why do you fart a lot in yoga lol
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    It happens and it really is no big deal. Regular yogis definitely don't judge or care. With all the deep twists it can be inevitable. I generally eat easy to digest things before class.
  • helenfirth13
    helenfirth13 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Steven so rude making a comment about my knickers . They only show after working out as they cling to my bum with sweat. My partner likes panty lines usually great sex after getting in from gym . He loves the sweaty smell also so everyone to there own
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it

can you please explain how a woman doing the EXACT same thing a man does is more awkward or embarrassing?