What made you decide to change?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not feeling good about myself on my wedding day was what made me change my life. I got back from my HM & 270 days ago on August 29th, I started my journey on MFP. I've been here every single day since and I've lost 40lbs. I'm in my last 12-15 and I couldn't be happier about where I'm going.
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just got tired of feeling out of control. MFP and all the people on the boards have helped me start to internalize the difference between a "diet" and a "lifestyle change"...and that it's your overall choices over the long term that make the biggest difference. I am not dropping weight as fast as I used to but this feels so much more maintainable as a lifestyle.

Plus, I'm getting married this fall and I didn't want to look gross in all the pictures LOL.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I too have 3 reasons:
    1) I am in a wedding next June and don't want to be the biggest one in the party
    2) Health Insurance, having a hard time getting a new plan due to my weight and its expensive as heck!!
    3) My one year old adopted daughter. I am finally blessed with a family, I don't want to die early and not see her grow up.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    finding out I had diabetes in Dec. 2009. diet changes, being more active, lost over 100 lbs. Jan 2011 I no longer had diabetes. figured I'd come this far why stop now? :tongue:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    -My fat clothes were getting tight

-I didnt feel like doing much of anything...i was lethargic and lazy and had no energy or motivation.

-I didn't care to dress up or look my best...I just wore sweats and jeans.

-I constantly tugged at my shirt to hide my muffin top

-I hated taking pictures because I looked like a meathead

-I was becoming the "fat' friend in my group of girlfriends

-My husband wasn't looking at me like he used to
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Getting engaged, the fear of having to look at pictures of my wedding and hating them! I just wish now that I had of started sooner, so I could be down more by the big day.
    Also wanting to start a family, if I have any problems getting pregnant I want to know it's not becasue of my weight and that I've done everything I can to be healthy.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I gained a ton of weight in the 3.5 years I was with my ex. When I decided I was going to leave him, I knew I had to start looking good if I was gunna be single. haha
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have gained weight in the last few years for stress and other reasons, but what made me change was moving in with my boyfriend. We moved in together last May and I have gained 10 lbs in that one year. it makes me feel disgusting to have to buy a new outfit to go out because my jeans don't fit. I was off of work for medical reasons and basically lived in my sweat pants. About 2 weeks ago I looked in the mirror and I was just so sick and tired of seeing that person staring back who was not me! I used to be happy and healthy, I used to be more energetic. Seeing myself this way made me realize I needed change.

Today is my 13th day on the site and I am SO glad I joined. Everyone here is very supportive and non-judgmental, which is exactly the type of people most of us need to surround ourselves with right now!
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Seeing other fat people and thinking how bad they look and realizing I was them...
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being fat.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am not getting any younger and I have wasted the last 20 years being a prisoner in this body. Life is passing me by and I want more life in my life.