Trying to loose baby weight, any advise?

Options
Hello, im trying to loose the baby weight i have left . Im dieting and working out on days i can fit in a workout after working all day and taking care of my baby. Im sure many of you have gone through this and might have certain diets or workouts that worked. I will appreciate any ideas since is my first time going through this. Thank you :)

Replies

• Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All that worked for me is calorie counting. I've been having 1300 calories per day and have lost 25lbs so far. I don't always stick to my limit but have still been losing most weeks. I also completed the couch to 5k program which helped.
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Keeping to a deficit works for me even if I don't mange to work out at all , as long as I stick to my calories I'm losing . Good luck
  • sariana
    sariana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eliz_99 wrote: »
    All that worked for me is calorie counting. I've been having 1300 calories per day and have lost 25lbs so far. I don't always stick to my limit but have still been losing most weeks. I also completed the couch to 5k program which helped.

Thank you ive also been counting calories for a week now , before i was just doing diet but i had no idea of how much i was consuming per day. Hopefully i start seeing some change in the next couple of weeks to keep mysel motivated.
  • sariana
    Options
    Keeping to a deficit works for me even if I don't mange to work out at all , as long as I stick to my calories I'm losing . Good luck
    Thank you :) i will just keep on counting calories and being careful
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yes, counting calories and making good food choices. Plus, moving a little. Having little ones is hard and finding to to exercise is even harder. Been there. So, just do what you can. Take a short walk. Do a few pushups here and there. Situps here and there. It will happen. Just takes time. We all want instant gratification. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. I've lost all of my pregnancy weight and now 5 lbs under it.

If you're breastfeeding make sure you're eating at least 1800 calories to sustain your milk supply.
    If not, follow your calorie goal that MFP has set for you.
  • sariana
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Calorie deficit. I've lost all of my pregnancy weight and now 5 lbs under it.

If you're breastfeeding make sure you're eating at least 1800 calories to sustain your milk supply.
    If not, follow your calorie goal that MFP has set for you.

Yay you are already under your pre pregnancy weight! . Unfortunately im not breastfeeding when i was i was loosing weight like crazy but my body shut down on me and stopped producing milk so now is all on me. But i will do that and keep on following my calorie plan. Thank you
  • sariana
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Yes, counting calories and making good food choices. Plus, moving a little. Having little ones is hard and finding to to exercise is even harder. Been there. So, just do what you can. Take a short walk. Do a few pushups here and there. Situps here and there. It will happen. Just takes time. We all want instant gratification. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you :)
  • jlcbooth
    jlcbooth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »

This. I have a one year old and am trying to lose some baby weight, and a little gained beforehand while going through miscarriages. I am counting calories and doing a DailyBurn program. Look into it - it has all sorts of programs and some are only 15 min. a day. I have had time fitting it in but now I am dedicated to it and saw some fat loss, no real weight loss yet. I'm going to start walking a few times a week at lunch to add in more cardio.

Good luck!

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I only gained 19 1/2 lbs with my first and 21 1/2 with my second. I still had 5 lbs from each baby which I still have and they are in their 20's now. Did you gain a lot? If so, it will take time of being more active and eating at a deficit.
  • sariana
    Options
    I only gained 19 1/2 lbs with my first and 21 1/2 with my second. I still had 5 lbs from each baby which I still have and they are in their 20's now. Did you gain a lot? If so, it will take time of being more active and eating at a deficit.

I gained 35:pounds im down 20 but the rest seem like they just refuse to leave my body. I have always had problems loosing weight before having a child. I eat healthy and clean and no fast foods at all im not over weight but i want to loose the 15 plus a few more just to feel like myself again.
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workouts. I haven't tried any of her others but I've heard good things. You can watch them free online and they're only like 20 minutes. With a 5 month old, an older child, and everything else I've got going on -- 20 minutes is actually doable for me. Plus I feel like it's a pretty thorough workout.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut out anything, just stuck to my calorie goal as much as possible. I'm a SAHM, so my exercises were all things I could do at home around her schedule. I try to pair exercising with something else, like jogging in place while watching one of my shows on Netflix, to knock out two things at once. And I'm also a fan of Jillian Michaels' workouts! (30 Day Shred still kicks my rear)

Good luck! :)