did it (nsv)

Options
mbaker566
mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
When I first started running/jogging, I could barely do it. I didn't have the muscles. It was even weird to think that running took muscles, but when I would see runners I would see them floating by with an easy gait. and then I would look at my shuffling feet and feel silly trying to run.

I caught my reflection out of the corner of my eye while I was running by some storefronts. At first, I was a little defeated because of the unexepected belly sighting but then I looked down at my feet. I was starting to float. I wasn't shuffling any more.

mind you, I was an "if I'm running, you better be too cause something evil this way comes" sorta girl. so this is a huge success for me and will only motivate me for the next 20lbs.

did anyone else accidently reach a goal? scale or not scale?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I fit into jeans I bought five years ago. Wearing them today.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

that is awesome :star:
  • vanryswicksl
    vanryswicksl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was discouraged that I wasn't down a pants size even with weight loss (10s didn't fit even though my 12s were too big) and finally gave in to try on pants again after a few months to find I'm actually in a size 8 now!

I skipped the 10s even though my weight hasn't changed much in the past few months.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I was discouraged that I wasn't down a pants size even with weight loss (10s didn't fit even though my 12s were too big) and finally gave in to try on pants again after a few months to find I'm actually in a size 8 now!

I skipped the 10s even though my weight hasn't changed much in the past few months.

congratulations :smiley:
  • vanryswicksl
    vanryswicksl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Congratulations on the running, I'm still in the category of only running when chased ;-)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2013-09-12-at-7.57.46-AM.png
    Thanks. Congratulations on the running, I'm still in the category of only running when chased ;-)

sometimes I imagine^^^
  • princessmommy47
    princessmommy47 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    awesome!
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon :smiley: Literally ran the entire 13.1 miles at a 12:08 pace. My next race I'm aiming to cut that pace by 1:00/mile!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    When I first started running/jogging, I could barely do it. I didn't have the muscles. It was even weird to think that running took muscles, but when I would see runners I would see them floating by with an easy gait. and then I would look at my shuffling feet and feel silly trying to run.

I caught my reflection out of the corner of my eye while I was running by some storefronts. At first, I was a little defeated because of the unexepected belly sighting but then I looked down at my feet. I was starting to float. I wasn't shuffling any more.

mind you, I was an "if I'm running, you better be too cause something evil this way comes" sorta girl. so this is a huge success for me and will only motivate me for the next 20lbs.

did anyone else accidently reach a goal? scale or not scale?

That's awesome! Way to go!
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Same here and a shirt! *High five* congrats!

• mbaker566
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    I ran my first half marathon :smiley: Literally ran the entire 13.1 miles at a 12:08 pace. My next race I'm aiming to cut that pace by 1:00/mile!

great job :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    mmd575 wrote: »

Same here and a shirt! *High five* congrats!

ohyay
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I weigh as my as my older brother. I don't remember the last time I could say that.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I weigh as my as my older brother. I don't remember the last time I could say that.

awesome
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!