Breakfast of champions??? Suggestions??

Options

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Tortilla with two eggs,scrambled, jalapenos, onions, mozzarella cheese, served with milk and banana. Lasts me for three hours.
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    01638q6c2m2m.jpg

This is from my sister. She's a nutritionist. I'm not a big breakfast eater by nature so the Protein shake is my personal favorite :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My breakfast of champions: pancakes w/ a little preserves or apple/pumpkin butter, egg whites, bacon, sausage, apple, tea/coffee
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mistib1229 wrote: »
    01638q6c2m2m.jpg

This is from my sister. She's a nutritionist. I'm not a big breakfast eater by nature so the Protein shake is my personal favorite :)

Forgot to mention, I'm not sure what happened when I formatted this before but the nutritional info is probably off at least on some of these. Sorry :/
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    1 cup (226 g) Greek yogurt and 100g fruit, usually blueberries or grapes
  • kfayr
    kfayr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sure somebody said this but eggs are great and fill you up. I always keep some boiled in the fridge for days I am in a rush
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For speed i'd say maybe smashed avocado on toast or peanut butter on toast. Toast is good for speed and the toppings are good for protein and healthy fats :-)
    I like fruit n yogurts too.
    Any sort of egg breakfast but for days off when i have more time :-)
  • syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat two servings of Oatmeal (not instant, but it only takes 2 minutes). Instead of mixing with water, I mix with 1 cup milk. Dash of cinnamon, two minutes in the microwave. I let it sit and cool and soak up all the milk while I make my lunch and add half a cup of greek yogurt. You can use fat free, full fat, milk or yogurt to your taste/macros. Using 1% milk and fat free plain greek yogurt (I eat my fat at night :)), I have 495 calories (about 1/6 of my day, 76 carbs, 9 fat, 31 protein, This keeps me full from 8am to noon no problem.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something like:

wd7gv49gtvp0.jpg

and

vjgltbo9qmkp.jpg

In order to get plenty of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. That way I stay full instead of getting hungry again in 45 minutes.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My favorite is egg whites scrambled with salmon, scallion and fresh dill.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My new fave is two eggs whisked together with 1 tbsp sour cream, then cooked. Top with 1 oz. pepper jack cheese, salsa and green onion. Yum.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pancakes made with quality flours. I have these basically everyday for breakfast and they give me energy and a nice carb boost for the day. Top with *reasonably* healthy choices like natural nut butters, no-added-sugar fruit toppings or good old molasse/maple syrup. If you are an active person you CAN eat carbs and enjoy them :)
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also start the work day around then, so I know how you feel! I usually do greek yogurt with oats and berries, a protein shake, or eggs and toast.
  • JamesMartyn
    JamesMartyn Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm a 300lb guy who was struggling with making the right breakfast choices for quite a while. I tried so many options, but this one seems to be the one that gets me through the day until at least lunch (sometimes I fast until dinner if I'm still not hungry around lunch, which happens often):

Breakfast smoothie (high in healthy fats, protein, antioxidants)

1 can (400ml) of Organic, full-fat, coconut milk
    1 cup of frozen mixed field berries (rasp, blue, black, straw)
    1 tbsp of favourite nut butter (I use cashew, but I recommend almond if you want something with a less noticeable flavour. Don't use crap processed peanut butter whatever you do. Use some no-sugar added, where the ingredient list is just the nut)
    2-3 egg yolks -- sounds crazy, but has protein and high in healthy fats that lower bad and increase good cholesterol and you will not even notice they're in there
    "healthy dash" of real vanilla extract -- Use a bit, if you can't notice it, add more til you're satisfied

If that's not sweet enough for you, you can always add a teaspoon or whatever you're comfortable with of organic honey.

I have that, and occasionally I'll have a full avocado with it to really amp up the healthy fats. You can also add a tbsp of coconut oil in lieu of an avocado if you find this is not enough. Bear in mind that I follow what's pretty close to a paleo diet (low carb, high fat). It works great for me for energy, satiation, and weight loss, but I believe everyone should follow what works for them.

Pros:
    You get your sugar intake for the day in one quick meal with all natural sugars
    You're not hungry for hours
    All natural ingredients
    ~370 calories (530 w/ avocado)
    Tastest great

Cons:
    You tell me, as I haven't found one.

Best of luck! Cheers,
    - Jim
  • nanniek1
    nanniek1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breakfast seems to be the hardest meal of the day. There are only so many eggs in the world, eh? We will frequently eat leftovers for breakfast, make yam scrambles and veggie and egg scrambles. You can fit a lot of veggies in with 1 or 2 eggs. Do allow myself a piece or two of bacon a week, very filling and satisfying. Even made my own Paleo sausage that was excellent (found recipe in Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook). Scour the internet for Paleo meal plans, they helped a lot at the start. Lost 12 pounds my first month going Paleo.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I run and dance a lot and need a lot of fuel, so my go to is:
    a banana
    a cup of coconut water (I sweat a lot)
    oatmeal made with water, 1/2 cup oats, and a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    3/4cup 0% Fage yogurt with cinnamon and a few almonds

I have experimented other types and combinations of breakfast food but this is the one that is keeps me full for the longest and I feeling full of energy, but doesn't feel heavy on my stomach.
  • daveinreston
    daveinreston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, a slice of Ezekiel Raisin Bread and berries is quick, healthy and filling.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    nkaunid95gib.jpg

Right here
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have a few thoughts:
    1. Slice of whole grain bread toasted topped with peanut butter, banana, and honey. SO tasty. Works on a bagel or english muffin too. Go easy on the honey if you take it to go as it can get drippy.

2. Overnight oats are quick and easy if you remember to prepare the night before. Take 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk or almond milk or soy or even a scoop of your protein powder and half a cup of water and whatever else you want like banana, apple, raisins, nuts, seasonings like cinnamon or nutmeg, and mix them up in a covered container. Put it in the fridge. In the morning it is grab and go. I like it best with the vanilla protein powder and water option, half a banana, and top with a sprinkle of coconut.

3. Perhaps this is blasphemy or a result of one too many nightshifts, but did you know you can microwave eggs? I like 2 eggs, a splash of milk, stirred so the yolks are mixed in a mug. Add in a handful of spinach or veggies (fresh or frozen, frozen is EASY, or cooked meat or cheese) or just do plain eggs. It is more filling with veggies and some meat or cheese. Microwave for 1:30 to 2 minutes, stopping and stirring halfway through. Top with salsa, hot sauce, salt, pepper, or whatever you like. Quick, easy, and really fluffy delicious!
  • msslider
    msslider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up a sweet potato and an onion and fry them in a skillet. Then I add salt and pepper and cayenne and top it off with two runny eggs. It takes me about 10 mins and it's very hearty!