2 Questions

Options
hip701
hip701 Posts: 1 Member
Hi i just want to ask two questions, 1- I see threads like "3:45 AM running, 4:AM walking" etc etc. If we walk or run around 3-5 AM it'll be burn more calorie or what?
2- My daily goal is 1680cal and my exercise is 1030cal/week(3 workout, 45 min) so i eat around 1000cal and i walk 4km (around 300cal, 3 day/week) so its left like 600cal sometimes 800cal. it'll be speed up my lose weight right? and also can you interpret my goal, exercise etc? thanks. (sorry for my bad english)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The time might be in the wrong zone or perhaps people in a hot climate run at night. I don't think there's any dis/advantage other than exercising fasted (if applicable)
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I exercise early in the morning because it's the only time i can fit it in. The other advantage is i am burning cals while i sit at my desk job.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There is no time of day in which you burn more calories while exercising. I tend to exercise on a relatively empty stomach, because otherwise I get stomach cramps. But my partner exercises only on a full stomach, or he loses energy and gets weak.

On your second question - just let MFP do the calculating for you, not us. Like the saying says, "slow and steady wins the race." In other words, don't try to lose weight too fast! If you're not severely obese to start with (or really, even if you are) losing 1 lb per week is completely normal. Remember: it took a long time for you to put ON the weight, and it's going to take a long time for you to take OFF the weight! :)

I hope that helps. Best of luck!
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Muslims are observing Ramadan (holy month) right now, which calls for abstinence from food AND WATER during daylight hours. So, you might find observers getting their workouts in when they can re-hydrate.

I read that those observing Ramadan are among the growing obese. This apparently is because after fasting all day, they totally pig out on everything during the night. Can't remember where I read it - the article was listing statistics of most obese down to least obese.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Indigoblu1 wrote: »
    Muslims are observing Ramadan (holy month) right now, which calls for abstinence from food AND WATER during daylight hours. So, you might find observers getting their workouts in when they can re-hydrate.

I read that those observing Ramadan are among the growing obese. This apparently is because after fasting all day, they totally pig out on everything during the night. Can't remember where I read it - the article was listing statistics of most obese down to least obese.

Countries like the UAE, Qtar and those close by are the ones with the fastest growing obese population. Most of it is because they have adapted to " western " ( usually American, because it's McD's, Burger King, Dairy Queen etc ) ways of living...ON TOP of their own ways, which are actually quite healthy.
    I have met whole families in Qtar who went out for DeLux burger with jumbo fries and a bottomless container of any soft drink, to then get up and go home to eat their main meal. Those who can afford it do it almost every day, because it's a sign of status over there.
    Ramadan has very little to do with it, because it's just once a year. Also, they don't " pig out ", because their religious rules limit what they can eat and how much, because even when they eat, during Ramadan it's only to sustain the body.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you exercise.

And you're doing it wrong. If MFP tells you to eat 1680, that's how much you eat. Your exercise goal is just a personal reminder for yourself. MFP does not take it into consideration, only your daily activity level. So eat 1680, then log your cardio and try eating 50% of those calories back.
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »

Countries like the UAE, Qtar and those close by are the ones with the fastest growing obese population. Most of it is because they have adapted to " western " ( usually American, because it's McD's, Burger King, Dairy Queen etc ) ways of living...ON TOP of their own ways, which are actually quite healthy.
    I have met whole families in Qtar who went out for DeLux burger with jumbo fries and a bottomless container of any soft drink, to then get up and go home to eat their main meal. Those who can afford it do it almost every day, because it's a sign of status over there.
    Ramadan has very little to do with it, because it's just once a year. Also, they don't " pig out ", because their religious rules limit what they can eat and how much, because even when they eat, during Ramadan it's only to sustain the body.

Well, that just tells me to stop believing "true facts" on the frikken internet. There was absolutely no mention of rules to limit what they can eat. Why do "facts" like this get out there when they don't present the real FACTS. This is a rhetorical question ... because it is the internet I guess.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well, that just tells me to stop believing "true facts" on the frikken internet. There was absolutely no mention of rules to limit what they can eat. Why do "facts" like this get out there when they don't present the real FACTS. This is a rhetorical question ... because it is the internet I guess.

Ramadan in Jeddah is a complete pigout for sure. I think they go onto night shift, sleep and fast in the day and go mental at night.