If you could turn back the hands of time...

Options
kwiet_storm
kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
edited June 2015 in Chit-Chat
If you could go back in time, would you? I wish I could go back to the 90's.. :D

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Move forward with your life. I can't express this enough.

1) There are people who let the pain of their past prevent them from making the best of today.

2) There are people pining for the old days (high school sports glory, for example), that it makes them believe the best was behind them, not in front of them.

There are seasons in life, and each has its joys. Look forward to them!

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Move forward with your life. I can't express this enough.

1) There are people who let the pain of their past prevent them from making the best of today.

I think you are confusing yourself. My youthful days, carefree lifestyle was a fun memory. Makes you think how time goes by. Nothing to do with pain past. I am not stuck on anything. I live for today, tomorrow may never come.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    If I could turn back the hands of time I would have pursued a career in one of the three letter agencies such as CIA, FBI, etc.. However have no regrets as I am Blessed with the most Amazing Children! :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Gladly! I'd definitely want to witness Creation, as well as many American History events, then move forward to undo the damage that made me fat, as well as that which has me so sick now.
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would go back to '99... VERY long story that I won't go in to, I'll just say it's a relationship thing.... And while I appreciate CJ's words of wisdom, It s so easy to get caught up looking back, as the past is the one thing that is clear now... The future is totally unknown & will have a hard time competing with memories. "Moving forward" is not as easy as it sounds, but point taken, hauling around extra baggage from the past only makes it harder...
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    No.
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would have figured out who I am way before now, though I would have missed out on my kids.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    2005 high school football playoff game. It was the first round and I played lights out all night (offensive tackle and defensive end). I relive it a lot now. It was my proudest night in a high school or college football game.

We were graded for our performances with the breakdown going from 0-100. O-line was a 98 (-2 for not shedding off of a block and going to the second level to block a linebacker who made the tackle) and a 96 at defensive end (-4 for not containing the edge on two plays, one of which I made the tackle on).

Sorry, I got caught up.