1200 calorie question

Options
2»

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I eat higher than you and exercise. The weight loss will just slow down. Over the last 3 months I lost 1.5kgs(3.4lbs). 1.2 of those was in the first 18 days, I plateaued for 2 months and just lost 0.3kgs in just over a week. Nothing's linear. This is sustainable. I like what I eat and don't feel deprived I have lost a total of 41.3 kgs (91lbs) so far. It works.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yes the weight loss will slow down toward the end, but it will not stop. Like the others have said, when you're down to the last 10-20lbs accurate logging is crucial, because you don't have as much wiggle room for errors as you did when you were heavier.
    I'm in maintenance kind of now, and i was losing 1kg (2.2lbs ) a month for the last 5ish kgs.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With less to lose, the aggressiveness of your goal will change and although you will continue to lose, it will be at a slower pace.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I just hit my weight loss goal and can tell you honestly it took as long for me to lose the last 8 pounds as it did the first 22 :s. It can be tortuously slow at the end.... Like half pound every two or three weeks.... You just have to stick with the plan, don't dispair and keep doing what has worked to get you this far. Congratulations on losing 56 pounds <3

Helpful, thank you!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When my weight slowed down I added in a lot more protein. I did that by adding protein powder (25 grams) to my coffee in the morning. I also started making green smoothies and increased my cardio up to 90 minutes 4x a day and making sure I got in at least 1400 steps on the non cardio days. With the extra protein and the smoothies I had plenty of energy for it. The pounds started melting off again. I think just by doing something different is what my body needed.
  • ladymorella
    ladymorella Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would echo what pav8888 said. I stopped losing weight when I kept trying to stay on a low calorie diet (1200 cal a day). Despite lifting weights I wasn't getting stronger and despite cardio I wasn't getting faster/fitter. I started eating 1900 calories back in March and started losing weight again. Now I am on 2100 cal a day and am losing steadily. Though it's not just any calories. I eat a ton of protein and not much carbs and all carbs are from plants.