Forget to log food

Options
have alarms set up , but just cut them off then forget to still put my food in.What do I do? Help

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Make notes on paper or post-its as you prep of food items, scale weight/serving weight. Do your logging entry later from the notes.

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Set your food log as your home page on your PC. Bonus, never lose your streak!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Prelog your day.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Make notes on paper or post-its as you prep of food items, scale weight/serving weight. Do your logging entry later from the notes.

I do this - I then log on my phone or laptop, while I eat, or just before.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I prelog my day everyday while I'm having my morning cuppa.
    It's the very first thing I do when I turn on my computer.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I log it as I'm preparing it, so that I can scan the barcodes and check the info is correct, then I adjust the weights as I'm serving it.

I don't think it matters how you do it though. If you're committed, you'll find a way.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

^^ This is what I do.
    Makes preparing dinner less of a rush. I like counting calories but I like eating dinner at the same time as everyone else more.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing and measuring everything you eat you would either jot it down on a piece of paper, or enter it directly on your phone/tablet/computer as you are plating it.

I suppose that if you're eating out, and you don't log the items as you're eating them, you may forget the occasional item.

If I am with other people and don't want to ignore them to play with MFP on my phone, I take a picture of my meal before I eat it.

I then perform a "forensic picture based estimation" to determine what and how much to log <- lots of fun can be had with this one, I almost posted a picture once to ask for estimation advice :blush:

Obviously, estimating from a picture is not nearly as accurate as using a scale! I've only taken my scale into a single restaurant, so far, in spite of the event not even being that traumatic!

Having said all that: it sure sounds like your concept of logging does not quite include logging everything by exact weight...
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If you are asking if you can STILL log it, then you can. Just click the arrow to change to the previous day.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.
    I agree with this, it really comes down to how much you want to do this. I have in my head that I log or I don't eat. Tell yourself that you can't have it if you don't log it. It will help you get to your goal much easier :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.

I don't know why this got flagged. I think it's a good point.

• ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    If you are asking if you can STILL log it, then you can. Just click the arrow to change to the previous day.
    Yeah, but then you don't get credit for the streak. I broke a 300+ day streak because I waited until after midnight to log food during a vacation day.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.

I can't believe that some body flagged this!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.

I can't believe that some body flagged this!

I'd hate to see how this special buttercup reacted to actual abuse :huh:
  • 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have paper, pen, scale and calculator. Weigh, check and work out cals, add up and add to tracker.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Prioritise your commitment to losing weight and do it

Or as was put far more succinctly and accurately

Get more dedicated.

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have to be organized during the week, so I find this a great pre-planning tool. On Sunday I take 30 minutes to plug in the week's meals. It helps that I have been at this for awhile and pretty much know how much of any given thing I will eat and have my recipes saved. I can always adjust if things weigh more or less or my plans change but at least I have a rough guide to go by.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Get more dedicated.

whomever flagged this is crazy....it's a very good point