Need help...

Options
a couple years ago I was at my highest weight and I decided to start my weight loss journey on this app and lost 30 pounds... However, I got out of the habit of logging in here and I maintained the weight for almost a year and then I kept adding more weight without realizing it and before I knew it I gained 45 more pounds. I am at my new highest and I am no longer confident about myself and feel extremely unhealthy. I want to eat better and work out regularly but for some reason I can't get in the groove to make it a regular thing. Can someone please help me on making it regular? I don't know why I have so much trouble doing so when I know how bad I need to get healthy and how much better I'll feel dropping 100 pounds. :(

Replies

• torana_mad_man
    torana_mad_man Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Getting into the groove ? Are you having problems with staying focused on your goals ?
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Finding the inspiration to take on eating better and working out regularly has to come from within. As boring and annoying as it might be logging your calories every day is key. Next to that is planning, planning and more planning and then doing your best to stick to the plan.
    I found that I needed to tackle it in stages. I tackled logging and just trying to stay within the calories. Next step was to try to make better use of the calories by eating better foods. Next step was trying to get the balance of the macros right within the calories.
    These stages do not happen overnight and you have to go with the days that don't work as well and congratulate the days that do. The secret though is not to give up.
    Exercise is a personal thing and you have to work out is right for you.
    Please can I suggest you add me as a friend. I am part of a group of friends that are really supportive of each other and I think we would all agree that this helps.
    Good luck.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Finding the inspiration to take on eating better and working out regularly has to come from within. As boring and annoying as it might be logging your calories every day is key. Next to that is planning, planning and more planning and then doing your best to stick to the plan.
    I found that I needed to tackle it in stages. I tackled logging and just trying to stay within the calories. Next step was to try to make better use of the calories by eating better foods. Next step was trying to get the balance of the macros right within the calories.
    These stages do not happen overnight and you have to go with the days that don't work as well and congratulate the days that do. The secret though is not to give up.
    Exercise is a personal thing and you have to work out is right for you.
    Please can I suggest you add me as a friend. I am part of a group of friends that are really supportive of each other and I think we would all agree that this helps.
    Good luck.

very well put!
  • mtoberos
    mtoberos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem !! I lost a good 30 lbs on here last summer and exercised every day. Then I fell off the track a little with eating but was still exercising. Then I completely fell off stopped exercising and gained 50 lbs since last September. I can't seem to find motivation to even get up and go for a walk. I get lazy logging my food. My biggest problem is that I am not a great fan of veggies. I stress out way to much about what I should be eating and then I just give up. My next step is surgery and I don't want that. I need some help , tips, motivation !
  • jakesmomma2004
    jakesmomma2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets their inspiration and motivation in different ways. You have to be the one ready to make the change; once you are in the right mind set things will click.
    Honestly for me, I kept watching a show on TV called extreme weight loss and it helped inspire me, of course minus the unrealistic goals lol!
    Don't be too hard on yourself - I am really enjoying this site and all the positive people/posts on my thread so add people on here too!
    Wish you all the best and just remember one day at a time
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    mtoberos wrote: »
    I am having the same problem !! I lost a good 30 lbs on here last summer and exercised every day. Then I fell off the track a little with eating but was still exercising. Then I completely fell off stopped exercising and gained 50 lbs since last September. I can't seem to find motivation to even get up and go for a walk. I get lazy logging my food. My biggest problem is that I am not a great fan of veggies. I stress out way to much about what I should be eating and then I just give up. My next step is surgery and I don't want that. I need some help , tips, motivation !

Again add me as a friend and then take inspiration from all the members I am friends with.

• ChristineAnn58
    ChristineAnn58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mtoberos wrote: »

Yes we are in the same boat. I think it's all about baby step. But you gotta keep track of your food. If you're not going to log it you have to at least be mindful how how many calories your consuming. Look off of what your baseline is on here for losing weight and go from there. Also, go for brisk walks just to get out. I will too! I need to and I get lazy. I live alone in Galveston for school and it's hard getting the motivation. Laziness sucks! But we can overcome it
  • ChristineAnn58
    ChristineAnn58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets their inspiration and motivation in different ways. You have to be the one ready to make the change; once you are in the right mind set things will click.
    Honestly for me, I kept watching a show on TV called extreme weight loss and it helped inspire me, of course minus the unrealistic goals lol!
    Don't be too hard on yourself - I am really enjoying this site and all the positive people/posts on my thread so add people on here too!
    Wish you all the best and just remember one day at a time

I really enjoy the positive posts too!! It such a change because so many people are just rude for no reason. I always hear how people get their motivation and their "click" but I feel like I've had that happen many times and I'm serious one day and not the next. Maybe the real click hasn't happened. I hope it comes soon. Thanks.